Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Hi!

I accidently today installed ntsc-firmware with Guitar Hero 3. I checked region free table too late.

Does anyone know which firmware comes with that game and what is solution to make settings menu available again? Do i have to wait till higher firmware comes out or is there some kinda trick?

I have Pal Wii with Wiinja Deluxe installed (updated to 4.0)

Thanks!
grog.gif

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
always update your wii thru the internet to the latest version (after you check the forum for effects of the update ofcourse) and this doesn't happen ><

now you will have to wait ages for a pal game with a newer firmware, and even then it might not fix it..

Jamirou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Yeap.

I noticed something with GH3.
When i tried to start game with same disc that semibricked my wii it still wanted to install update (there was text like something if you have unauthorized hardware... plaa plaa) i reseted my console without update. But... it wanted to make update... so maybe pal version of GH3 is packed with somekinda update that overwrites this shitty ntsc firmware? Idunno but i sure hope so.

Jamirou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I think it was 2.2E. I really have to get my wii online... if i put my wii online will the system automaticly install updates or can i choose if i want to make update?

Bonemonkey: Hope so. SMG is release 16.11 in here.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
I think it was 2.2E. I really have to get my wii online... if i put my wii online will the system automaticly install updates or can i choose if i want to make update?

Bonemonkey: Hope so. SMG is release 16.11 in here.
Actually, you have to manually run the installation. Although, I can't see why you wouldn't do that. It's not like 2.2 has any known exploits or advantages ...

EDIT: Didn't read your post quite well ...
frown.gif

no1r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone post here how he/she got GH3 USA working on Wii PAL with wiikey 1.9g ?
Because i burned the iso patched with wiifrii and brickblocker
and my wii can't even read the disc >.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeap.

I noticed something with GH3.
When i tried to start game with same disc that semibricked my wii it still wanted to install update (there was text like something if you have unauthorized hardware... plaa plaa) i reseted my console without update. But... it wanted to make update... so maybe pal version of GH3 is packed with somekinda update that overwrites this shitty ntsc firmware? Idunno but i sure hope so.
nope yer stuck now until 3.2+ comes out on a game, not online. the text was not an update but a warning that it found that you have a modchip so u need to upgrade yer modchip also.
Next time be sure to read on the forum before doin this again
smile.gif

1. always brickblock your cross-region games
2. always update thru the internet only unless yer bricked
3. be careful and read on any questions before acting

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Mr_Grinch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give the maintenance mode in another menu a shot, see if you can get in to any extra settings etc even though it's bricked

(Hold - and + and press A at Health and Safety screen I believe)

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
the text was not an update but a warning that it found that you have a modchip so u need to upgrade yer modchip also.

The strange thing with me was I can play SMG on my PAL Wii, I did the disc swap trick, so I have no duplicate channels...BUT a few days ago it suddenly gave me that message "blabla...detected an unauthorized modification..blabla".... I was terrified! So I reset the console and tried again. Everything worked fine and I have had no problems since.

How can this be...having played SMG several times without problems and suddenly it gives me this message but after that everything is okay! Is my Wiikey buggy?? Or is Wiikey buggy in general?

mitchondria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
theres nothing in the maintenance mode menus... nothing at all.. just the saem wii interface without the meesage board.

not going to unbrick anything through there ....

wiiyogi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
try going into Maintenance Mode by pressing - + and A together at the health warning screen.

Then try accessing your settings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.