sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i know the ds is dominating sales but its probably because wii is much more expensive and i was wondering which has better games or a better future for it

EDIT:im guessing ds

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd say the DS is guaranteed to have good games coming out over its lifetime while the Wii's future is unknown at this point.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
NDS, ATM it has better games.
But if you don't have a major console...I'd say Wii.

yeah but it kind of seems like the wii has a lot of fun games for it and the ds is cool and all but it has a lot of boring games for it

You could say the same thing for both consoles..and for any console, BTW
If it helps as a reference, since I bought my wii I haven't played my DS that much. But that's just me, and I'm weird
tongue.gif

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
If you are going to be playing at home a lot, get the Wii. If you want to play while you are away from home, get the DS. It is as simple as that. Both have some really great games. To say the Wii has crappy games is really silly. Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy (THE best Mario game ever, bar none) are just two to get you started.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
If you are going to be playing at home a lot, get the Wii. If you want to play while you are away from home, get the DS. It is as simple as that. Both have some really great games. To say the Wii has crappy games is really silly. Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy (THE best Mario game ever, bar none) are just two to get you started.

I actually use my DS for home gaming, as well as my non-handhelds. I voted for the DS specifically because at the moment it is the better system. A higher quantity of high quality games is what determines a system's betterness in my mind.

Going off-topic for a moment, that's a pretty large can of worms you're opening, cruddybuddy. Do you really want to state ON THE RECORD that you think Super Mario Galaxy is the best Mario game ever? Think carefully, because your answer will determine if a horde of of rabid Mario fanboys comes to get you or not. Personally, I couldn't make such a definitive statement, because of, well, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, and Super Mario 64.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
This isn't a question! How can I answer it? What are the criteria? Technically the Wii is better....If you're looking for a portable console the DS is better...If you want to play on a big screen the Wii is better...if you like touch screens there's a big chance the DS is the one for you.

You CAN ask: "What is your FAVORITE console?"
Right now I have to answer that with WIIIIIIII!!!

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
DS for 3 reasons:

1. Easier to pirate
2. Better name
3. I can play nearly all of the 2D Castlevanias on it

The Wii is too innovative for its own good; no-one can be assed to unlock its true potential, even Nintendo at times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY