1. Ewpb

Ewpb Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Did you get this to work? If so how did you do it?

2. bananapi761

bananapi761 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Does anyone know how I can use this to link to an installed vWii channel instead of a full Wii game, while keeping gamepad controls?

3. WiisleyU

WiisleyU GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Injecting a WAD Channel is only inserting the WAD ID with 4 letters/numbers on WiiVC Injector, the forwarder on Wii U Menu will open it. GamePad controls will be functional only if the homebrew developer added support to it btw.

4. xenocard

xenocard SOU⅃TAKEЯ

United States
    hello everyone, i have been absent from Wii U modding since 2014, my SD card Died and now i was catching up to all the changes, anyway, my console has haxchi coldboot, since i lost my FW.img i am trying to patch a new one to do the following:
    i am trying to make Sign_c2w_patcher for overclocking WiiSXr to Autoboot from a fw.img
    for faster emulation in wiisx ( i do not want to lunch Homebrew channel and start it eveytime)

also if anyone has knowledge if its possible from mocha CFW to:

Create (inject) wii U channel to boot an iso from Wiisxr, example, if i have Playstation ISO game like Castlevania SOTN, and wanted the make a channel to play it, it possible with latest VC injector?

5. ScottQB4

ScottQB4 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Not sure whether this helps, but I used Teconmoon's Injector with Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (Swap L/R with ZL/R, Force CC). Everything works except the sticks and D-Pad.

6. reddragon105

reddragon105 GBAtemp Regular

I've been slowly working through my GameCube and Wii collection, making injects for my Wii U. I've managed to install and successfully test most of my games but there are a few that I'm having problems with, namely -

Another Code - R - A Journey into Lost Memories (Boots to a black screen, requires hard reset) - UPDATE - Fixed by using 'Don't trim game output' option
    Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (Boots to 'An error has occurred' message, requires restart by holding power button for 4 seconds) - UPDATE - Fixed by using 'Don't trim game output' option
    Fire Emblem - Radiant Dawn (Boots to a black screen, requires hard reset) - UPDATE - Boots if 'No Trim' option used but freezes/crashes shortly after starting the game. Gamepad works as Classic Controller using 'Force Classic Controller' option.
    Monster Hunter Tri (Boots to menu but freezes on a black screen with a high pitched sound when I try to start the game)

I'm in the UK so I'm working with EUR versions of all of these games. The WiiU VC Wii inject compatibility list has Another Code and Fire Emblem listed as working, as well as the US version of Broken Sword, but doesn't mention Monster Hunter Tri either way.

Has anyone had any experience with these particular games and could give me some advice on how to get them working?

UPDATE -

I've been working on this again today and have made some progress thanks to the 'Don't trim game output' option in the 'Advanced' menu of the injector tool.

With this option selected, I have got Another Code, Broken Sword and Fire Emblem to boot. I've played a few minutes of each and Another Code and Broken Sword seem fine, however Fire Emblem crashed during the tutorial battle - it went to a black screen with a high pitched sound, just like Monster Hunter.

Also, for the controls on Fire Emblem, I found that using the 'Classic Controller Emulation' option meant that the Gamepad was detected as a Wii Remote but in the wrong orientation (left was up, right was down, etc., so vertical instead of horizontal?). However using the 'Force Classic Controller' option makes it work properly.

Unfortunately no progress made on Monster Hunter - 'Don't trim' made no difference, it still freezes on/crashes to a black screen. From a bit of searching about this game I've found that it's a bit picky about which IOS it uses on the original Wii. I don't really know anything about IOSs so maybe someone else could advise - would it be a case of installing the correct one(s) over in vWii or would they have to somehow be injected along with the game if it's being run as Wii U VC? Might just give up on this one as I also have MH3 Ultimate on the Wii U, but it would still be nice to get to the bottom of this!

Last edited by reddragon105, Feb 4, 2019
  7. Maxbeta

Maxbeta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've been trying to get OpenBOR working with Gamepad support via Technomoon's injector but I have a question about libwiidrc.

Would I need to add libwiidrc to OpenBOR source first or how does this exactly work?

I haven't touched libwiidrc yet but after making an inject with Technomoon's tool I keep getting black screens after loading the VC injected homebrew if I assigned it gamepad support, but if I don't it loads like it would regularly would with wiimote support.

Can somebody please shed a bit of light about how libwiidrc works and if I need it in conjunction with Technomoon's injector for wii homebrew to work with the gamepad?

Thanks!

Last edited by Maxbeta, Feb 10, 2019
  8. TetsuyaSumomo

TetsuyaSumomo Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Hello I am new here, I am in all this and I have read a lot, I care a lot about playing fire emblem radiant dawn with the game pad ... I use tecomoon 3.0.1 and I can not make it work anymore, the page says that if it is compatible Can someone confirm if it works or does not work?

9. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    it works but it all depends on the settings you forced the injection, and you have nintendont on the apps folder right?

10. Wal

Wal Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hello, quick question, if you use nintendont forwarder on wii u for gamepad support, can you use other controllers with the gamepad or just the gamepad itself? If you can't is there any way to use the gamepad with other controllers?

11. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    you can use other controllers just fine, but the latest official nintendont is bugged so using usb controllers will crash, you need to use the mod here

https://gbatemp.net/threads/gc-injects-no-longer-work.567810/#post-9101410

godreborn likes this.
  12. BeastMode4

BeastMode4 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Does this work on the original Wii, or Wii U only?

13. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    wii u. I think the wii vc has like a 50MB limit anyway, and games wouldn't fit on the nand which is like 528MBs iirc.

BeastMode4 likes this.
  14. BeastMode4

BeastMode4 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok, thanks a lot! I have a Wii U, but my game pad charger broke, and the game pad died, so I haven’t used it in a while, especially since I homebrewed my Wii. Thanks for the info, though!

15. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    you can buy something like this. since I play a lot of 3d world and to remove the need to be on a charger, I bought this, since it can charge the gamepad through usb:

20200923_102811_HDR.jpg

tfocosta and lordelan like this.
  16. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    Yep, have one of those as well. Totally recommended.

godreborn likes this.
  17. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    why are people having problems with wiiu charging cable? my official wiiu charging cable is preety damn long and the transformer is tiny and you can use it basicaly as any long wire charger, i got mine plugged on the back of the bed and it can reach all the way to the feet of the bed so it never bothered me at all, and its the official charger that ca,e with the gamepad, i never used the stand to actualy charge it, i just plug directly.

18. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I use the stand primarily, but I have the usb charger for when I'm using the gamepad. I have a lot of stuff in my floor, so it's easier this way without tripping over something.

19. konamicode89

konamicode89 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is this tutorial outdated at all? been meaning to update the homebrews on my wii U since it hasn't been reworked since 2015

20. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Yes it's outdated use TeconMoon's Wii VC injector https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/

It's much easier, you just need to get rhythm heaven key and another wii u key i can't remember it's on the last page of the injector once and then you don't have to mess with keys anymore and you can inject to heart's desires.

Last edited Nov 7, 2020
    konamicode89 and Lostbhoy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Injecting, Virtual, Console