Wii on PC monitor?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by sess, Feb 27, 2009.

1. sess
    OP

sess GBAtemp Fan

Sep 20, 2008
    Brazil
    Sao Paulo
    So, what's the best way to play the Wii on a LCD monitor? Capture Card, VGABox or what? Also, can I use component cables on whatever you post? I'm on an 19" Samsung (931BW), and planning to record videos and take snapshots.

I heard that gamebridge was (one of) the best option to go for, but I don't think it's for sale anymore... :/

2. maduin

maduin GBAtemp Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    I use a cheap capture card and it works alright for making videos, but sucks for extended play time. It has to stretch an SD (640x480) image onto a high resolution monitor, which causes some blurring and ghosting artifacts.

I wasn't able to find any capture cards that had component inputs, but most of them had s-video which is a slight step up from composite, but without component inputs that means the Wii has to run in 480i instead of 480p, and interlacing looks like crap on a PC monitor. Here's my youtube page if you want to see the quality of video you can get from a capture card.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimmykusa

3. Cygoku

Cygoku Banned

Banned
    Jul 14, 2006
    Canada
    There is always special cables for that, you can find some model at www.wiibrew.org ... Myself I hooked up my Wii using HDMI using a converter.

Cygoku

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice