Wii on PC monitor?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by sess, Feb 27, 2009.

Feb 27, 2009

Wii on PC monitor? by sess at 7:01 PM (768 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. sess
    OP

Member sess GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    So, what's the best way to play the Wii on a LCD monitor? Capture Card, VGABox or what? Also, can I use component cables on whatever you post? I'm on an 19" Samsung (931BW), and planning to record videos and take snapshots.

I heard that gamebridge was (one of) the best option to go for, but I don't think it's for sale anymore... :/

2. maduin

Member maduin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I use a cheap capture card and it works alright for making videos, but sucks for extended play time. It has to stretch an SD (640x480) image onto a high resolution monitor, which causes some blurring and ghosting artifacts.

I wasn't able to find any capture cards that had component inputs, but most of them had s-video which is a slight step up from composite, but without component inputs that means the Wii has to run in 480i instead of 480p, and interlacing looks like crap on a PC monitor. Here's my youtube page if you want to see the quality of video you can get from a capture card.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimmykusa

3. Cygoku

Banned Cygoku Banned

Canada
    There is always special cables for that, you can find some model at www.wiibrew.org ... Myself I hooked up my Wii using HDMI using a converter.

Cygoku