Hacking Wii on its last legs--what are my options?

lostreverie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The deal: the Wii has been struggling for awhile. Things were fine after I restored the nand about half a year ago, but recently it's started to not turn on--the disc tray just pulses blue. It sometimes locks up at the health and safety screen, and when it does make it past that, it always crashes trying to load the homebrew channel.

The worst part: I have bootmii on boot2, and tried restoring the only nand backup I have that I know should work. It didn't work.

I've kept trying to restore the nand over and over again, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I'm wondering what my options are at this point, if any--or if it's time to just say we had a good run and start enjoying my PS3.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Hardware failure happens. No transistor will last forever. You could buy any electronic device and it could be DOA, die after 10 days, die after 10 years, or last an outstanding 20+ years. You just never know.

Heat is usually a contributing factor. anti static handling is a huge factor also.

I've seen x-rays of IC's that were not properly handled and the damage that happened to them internally. Although the IC still functioned as it should, it's life expectancy was cut short because of it.

Reactions: 1 person

lostreverie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha that's what I figured but it's good to know for sure. Wii emulation is a thing, right? I don't want to miss out on last story and xenoblade.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Plan to get a Wii U? Keep in mind you're going to be able to transfer your Wii Shop Channel purchases and saves from the Wii to WiiU, so if you have any you want to keep, you might want to try to keep this Wii alive until then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end