Wii official $149.99 Price Drop USA

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by amptor, May 16, 2011.

May 16, 2011
  1. amptor
    OP

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    Ok guys as you already know, the official price for the Mario Kart Bundle (which includes the system in your choice of black or white, super mario kart, super mario kart racing wheel, nunchuk controller, and the new style wii controller with motion plus built in) is $149.99.

Where can I buy it for JUST $149.99 one might ask? Well, simply amazon.com with free super saver shipping. Most states don't have sales tax.

So if you are wondering "hey there, amptor... I already have a wii but I want a spare one. I heard they can't be modded on 4.3U" Well, yes they can. I found out myself the other day reading my favorite gaming forum GBATemp.net and it is detailed in the Wii console hacking thread [​IMG]

Anyway it is a pretty good price. I have been hearing that you can snag the Wii Sports Resort bundle from various stores that stock it for this price too. I heard some target stores have it. Amazon has it under an affiliate for $149.99 plus $6 and some change freight. Not too bad, considering that I have been hearing the mario kart bundle no longer includes Wii Sports which is pretty much the pinnacle reason to purchase the system for many.

Off topic but slightly related. When they dropped the price of the Xbox360 arcade last year after E3 to $149.99, I found that not only were target and walmart offering $50 coupons (they aren't doing this for wii unfortunately I already checked), but also Walmart put the $148.88 price (yeah they dropped it a few cents there) on both the Spring Arcade pack and the regular arcade pack. So I picked one of the spring packages up and used the $50 walmart gc on a garmin. But anyway I guess this paragraph would have been better put in my blog [​IMG]

Anyways guys have fun with the Wii and look forward to the Feel which is rumored to be $399.99 at launch in the middle of 2012. It is going to be announced at E3 on June 7th.

2. Sebastian

Member Sebastian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yes,it's reported that, in order to increase sales, nintendo Official Announced that they’ll reduce the price of wii console, the black or white version of wii only $149.99 from 14 May 2011. What’more,Nintendo also lower the price of four style games to $19.99
    《Wii Sports》
    《The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess》
    《Animal Crossing: City Folk》
    《Mario Super Sluggers》

3. amptor
    OP

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    *sinks my talons into spare NIB Wii console

For the glory of gbatemp.