Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

Wii: NTSC to PAL ISO Patcher released!

Patch and play NTSC games on PAL Wii units

SYNDiCATE have just released an impressive new tool that is said to patch NTSC game images, allowing them to be played directly on PAL Wii units. The patcher offers the same functionality that the WiiKey modchip offers, but will of course work on any Wii unit that has been modified to allow the playback of backups.

The team say that the patcher will work on approximately 70% of current NTSC games (same as WiiKey), and should even work on Japanese NTSC games.

The tool works by modifying a section in the image that contains region information. Surprisingly; this area is said to be unencrypted. Download and NFO file below:

download.gif
Download v1.2

nfo.png
View NFO

icon11.gif
We have also started a compatibility list for this patcher.

jon-t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is it the update to wab's/syndicate's iso loader that Alonetrio was talking about on irc last night ? Tought ha said something about region free...

elomaniak

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i thought the wii discs are encrypted
or is the header of the discs unencrypted and the checksum of the encryped part will be the same

Volsfan91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this the deal where you'll still have to hook that cable up to the Wii's DVD drive and run that patching program everytime that you want to load ISO's?

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hrth.gif

I *knew* something like this was coming before there's a real region-free modchip
wink.gif

I hope it will be updated to support more games...or that at least some releasegroups will patch the big releases manually...

a real region-free mod would be much nicer, though...still, I'm going to get a modchip as soon as possible
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb