Wii now freezes when loading backup discs?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by TheFrigz, Jul 23, 2011.

Jul 23, 2011
  1. TheFrigz
    OP

Newcomer TheFrigz Newbie

United States
    OK, I'm going to simply detail everything I've ever done to my Wii in the hopes that it will give those of you with actual knowledge of this stuff a better understanding of what my problem might be.

The first time I actually put anything on my Wii was awhile ago. My Wii was 4.0U and I used the popular youtube video tutorial (idk what it was called, it was a black guy with kinda big ears, not sure this is relevant but i want to give as much info as possible). After following his tutorial, I had Homebrew Channel and Backup Launcher channel installed. I then installed a cIOS, i want to say it was r17 but I honestly cannot be sure of that. i then later used various computer programs and my guitar hero 3 iso to create a guitar hero 3 iso with custom songs in it. i then burnt this iso to a Sony DVD-R with ImgBurn and was able to play my custom disc using Backup Launcher with no issues whatsoever.

Fast forward a few months when Black Ops Wii comes out. I buy it and put it in my Wii, only to find that it says I must perform a Wii update in order to play this game. Stupidly not thinking that there would be a Homebrew workaround to this, I uninstalled Homebrew and Backup Launcher (possibly incompletely) and updated my Wii to 4.3U and played Black Ops for a few months. Sometime after that, I once again decided that I wanted Homebrew on my Wii, so I looked into how this could be done on 4.3U. I eventually ended up using Smash Stack, which successfully installed Homebrew Channel on my Wii. I then noticed, however, that for whatever reason, my Wii would not start up properly if the SD Card was in. I tried removing the Smash Stack file, but this issue still existed. I eventually just started taking my SD Card out to turn my Wii on, then putting it back in once it was on, which seemed to work.

Then, a few days ago, I decided that I once again wanted to play Mario Strikers Charged, a game that I had previously owned and lost. So I set off in search of a new Backup Launcher. I eventually installed IOS236, then used that to install cIOS rev21 to IOS249 iirc. Then I downloaded NeoGamma R9 B50 (the app, not the channel). I downloaded a Mario Strikers Charged iso and burnt it to a Sony DVD-R with ImgBurn at 4x speed, and had 0 errors with the burning. But then, for whatever reason, this disc, when loaded with NeoGamma, continually froze after about 2 minutes of having been played. Originally I blamed the disc, thinking that perhaps it was a bad burn, but then I decided to try my old Guitar Hero 3 custom disc. I was able to play a few songs, but then it too froze. This happened multiple times. This leads me to believe that it is not the disc's fault, but rather something that I have done to my Wii that is preventing me from running backups. Though I did end up fixing my SD Card issue by simply formatting my card, I still have no idea what is causing my disc freezing issue. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be the issue, or what I can do to fix it? I have tried to provide as much information as I possibly can remember, though do keep in mind that this all happened awhile ago and I don't know much about Wii hacking in general. Thanks for reading.

2. Ryoku83

Member Ryoku83 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Go JoostinOnlines Syscheck guide in my signature and follow it and post a Syscheck. Might shine some light on your problem.

3. TheFrigz
    OP

Newcomer TheFrigz Newbie

United States
    Thanks, I will do that as soon as I get a free minute

4. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Use ModMii to install 249d2x56 and 250d2x57. You might also want to give USB loading a try if you're tired of burning discs.

5. TheFrigz
    OP

Newcomer TheFrigz Newbie

United States
    SysCheck 2.1.0b9 froze before I could even select which IOS's to test. It froze and gave me Exception (DSI) Occurred while on the startup "Getting List of Titles". I then ran SysCheck 2.0.1 with success, and here is my SysCheck:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I will also try doing what the second person suggested and using ModMii or whatever the case may be

6. Shano56

Member Shano56 noobie

United States
    I'm assuming your improper startup with the SD card had something to do with bootmii files/incorrect config..just a speculation.

7. Ryoku83

Member Ryoku83 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Yep, Just rehack your wii with Modmii and it will overwrite everything.

8. TheFrigz
    OP

Newcomer TheFrigz Newbie

United States
    Just rehacked my wii with ModMii and made sure the two d2x cIOS's were installed. my backup discs work again. thanks everyone [​IMG]