Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hey guys,
I hope you can help me with my problem. I cant seem to know whats wrong.
My wii, with a wiikey modchip, hbc, and some wads (no cios no preloader no softmod no nothing) just stopped working one day suddenly
I've done nothing special, one day i was playing fire emblem, finished and turned off the wii, next day its not working.

Now for the problem:
The wii was not even turning on anymore. I can see the red light, but when I press the button it does not turn on. After trying for a while I can get it to turn on but I get a black screen
I read and asked a few people and they told me that it was my power pack. So I tried my cousin's power pack, and it turned on regularly.
Now the problem is that I still keep getting a black screen. What could be wrong?

Edit: I should also mention that after I turn the wii on and get a black screen, about 15 seconds later, the dvd slot starts this blue led light

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
madridi4ever said:
Hey guys,
My wii, with a wiikey modchip, hbc, and some wads (no cios no preloader no softmod no nothing) just stopped working one day suddenly
I've done nothing special, one day i was playing fire emblem, finished and turned off the wii, next day its not working.

Now for the problem:
The wii was not even turning on anymore. I can see the red light, but when I press the button it does not turn on. After trying for a while I can get it to turn on but I get a black screen
I read and asked a few people and they told me that it was my power pack. So I tried my cousin's power pack, and it turned on regularly.
Now the problem is that I still keep getting a black screen. What could be wrong?

more than likely the Wifi Module is bad, Talk your Cousin into letting you take his out, and place his Wifi Module in yours and than see if it works, Or order you a new wifi Module and see

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
WiiBlaster said:
madridi4ever said:
Hey guys,

Now for the problem:

more than likely the Wifi Module is bad, Talk your Cousin into letting you take his out, and place his Wifi Module in yours and than see if it works, Or order you a new wifi Module and see
Thanks for your repliy.
But why would the wifi module make the wii not function at all?

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Broken wifi or bluetooth modules can stop a wii from booting.

Have a look at the flow chart here -> http://savemii.net/troubleshooting.html

If you have a gamecube controller, it'd be worth experimenting with the savemiifrii method - where you connect it to port 4, hold down all 4 dpad directions at once and it'll behave just like a savemii. Note that for most controllers you need to pull them apart to be able to press all 4 dpad buttons (my 3rd party one allows me to do it without dis assembly though).

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I used the savemiifrii method, opened up my gc pad to be able to press the 4 dpad buttons and it worked
it now says on the buttom right
3.2 (USA)

Now what?? and what does this current situation mean (in relation to the flowchart provided by savemii)

I would appreciate the help

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like broken bluetooth card then...

(turn on wii, black screen -> branch D -> Insert savemii -> boots.... -> bluetooth issue)

Use Wii Bootme to make a disc autobooting - http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_BootMe, pop it in at that 3.2 (USA) screen and see if it loads up.

If it does, but your wiimotes won't sync - try reseating the bluetooth card. If this doesn't help, try one out of another wii, or buy a replacement - http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16026.

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Excellent explanation.
Thanks, I'll try all of that

two questions though..
Autoboot what? a game?
and if that does not boot, what does it mean?

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Discs can be flagged as manual or auto boot. When they are flagged for auto boot, they just run as soon as they are put in, rather than having to be selected from the disc channel.

Unless you have starfall - you can only run autoboot discs from the recovery menu (the 3.2 USA one). If you pop in a normal disc, it won't start - but may update your system firmware if there is a newer version on the disc.

Autoboot a game, yes, say... wiisports - if you had a dump of it, and flagged it as autoboot, then inserted it while on the recovery menu - it should start straight up.

Basically, if you go down the recovery menu route, it ignores that your bluetooth card is faulty and lets you start up anyway. But since wiimotes run over bluetooth, I imagine they won't be able to sync to your wii.

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I see..
I'm burning Sonic and the black knight, I set it to autoboot, lets see if thats going to work.
Also, I suspect there is something wrong with my power pack, I'm borrowing my cousins power pack (which should be here within 5 minutes). I tried creating a DVD with something small such as wad manager, but surprisingly as soon as I insert the DVD the wii automatically turns off. I think its a power pack issue..

Fingers crossed..

Thanks for your help SenorClean
smile.gif

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Update:
I got a good power pack
I went to the 3.2 (USA) screen
I inserted a DVD that had autoboot function enabled

the 3.2 (USA) sign goes, and it remains as a black screen
+
the led light in the DVD slot is turned on

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
SenorClean said:
Could be... and maybe whatever took the power supply out also broke the bluetooth card.

Good luck
smile.gif

p.s. - DX have replacement power bricks too -> http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.20250

I think the power pack IS what took out my broken bluetooth, if it is indeed a bluetooth card issue (see post above)
This looks like a nice replacement I might order it. Thanks
smile.gif

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds that way... I'm not sure if games will boot from the autoboot menu with a broken bluetooth card or not.

It may be worth just taking it out and re-seating it just in case it has wriggled loose - but it sounds to me like it has blown.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs