Hardware wii not starting up

patoons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i turn my wii on, the screen remains black. the TV flashes to indicate that input is receiving a signal, but i cant even get to the warning screen. i took out SD card, GCN wavebird receivers, wii speak, still doesnt boot up. sometimes, the health and warning screen comes up, but no "Press A to continue" loads. and it's stuck there... now, i think my wii was accidentally left on for about a day and a half, that's when it happened.

softmodded, but its been so long i dont recall what i did lol. i can play backups.
4.0U custom updated
serial lu01

it booted up this morning, went to the menu, then i shut it off, and when i got back home, went back to not booting..once in a while it boots fully, somtimes i get the health n warning with no press A, mostly i get a black screen

HELP please!

D

Deleted-119707

do you have wiiconnetct34 on? if you leave on all the time it will keep your wii hot. my wii started to heat up so i turned it off and stays cool everytime i turn off my wii.

chrisf

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
It's WiiConnect 24. There isn't 34 hours in a day. Also, yes, you shouldn't have WiiConnect 24 on.

yes you should have it on. a lot of games require it on.

if you are not using your wii for a long time unplug it.

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had my first wii for a year and one day turned wiiconnect on.....36 hours or so later I had a fried GPU. My new wii has an external CPU fan (with LED's) linked to the bottom port blowing through. It stays cold now. Even the gamecube has a descent fan on it....everyone watch your heat build-up. With it sitting up, feel the lower left side......you can tell if it heats up. And YES sounds like an electrical problem due to heat, but a slight chance it could be a corrupt system menu. Call nintendo, even if its out of warranty, sometimes they still help.

chrisf

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afnuke said:
I had my first wii for a year and one day turned wiiconnect on.....36 hours or so later I had a fried GPU. My new wii has an external CPU fan (with LED's) linked to the bottom port blowing through. It stays cold now. Even the gamecube has a descent fan on it....everyone watch your heat build-up. With it sitting up, feel the lower left side......you can tell if it heats up. And YES sounds like an electrical problem due to heat, but a slight chance it could be a corrupt system menu. Call nintendo, even if its out of warranty, sometimes they still help.

stop trying to scare people into turning off wiiconnect24. you just had a bad wii. if wiconnect24 blew up as many wii's as the people on this site want you to think then nintendo would be out of business by now from replacing so many at their expense.

its happened to a few wii's, but millions have been just fine with it on for years. if your wii is gonna blow up from wiiconnect24 then its gonna break eventually anyway. i say leave it on and if it breaks the wii you have a better chance of getting it fixed right now for free by nintendo than you do when it breaks a couple years from now after the wii2 is out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn