OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's only a matter of time before someone learns the system, and makes it region free it always happens. I give em a few months or so before we are playing games from other countries, and getting acess to the library of games for free.
happy.gif

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
I sure hope so
laugh.gif
Or else i might miss on great games that might only be released in japan!!
ohmy.gif

Scorpin200

Iceman
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that bug game looks interesting i can't remember the name right now, but i really hope someone just cracks the region code since the games all are actually worth buying for once.
happy.gif

P.S It's been a while
biggrin.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If history repeats itself then it could be a simple mod (switch) to change a US system in a Japanese system and vise versa.

Which would be fantastic for me, as I am importing a US system and want the odd Japanese game.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still don't know why they don't make the consoles region free. They have done for the DS and the PSP. It might even bring the game prices down if their was competition from other countries.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which would be fantastic for me, as I am importing a US system and want the odd Japanese game.
I'm not sure what odd Japanese game you're referring to, but that is an understandable viewpoint. I would like to be able to get any upcoming games that don't make it into the US. I probably won't want them all, but it would be nice to have the option.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It might even bring the game prices down if their was competition from other countries.

Guess why we have region coding in the first place.

By the time my gets thrown in the Wii owner ring I expect it will have been hacked to all hell and there will be some decent games for all the systems so as to make it worth the effort.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still don't know why they don't make the consoles region free. They have done for the DS and the PSP. It might even bring the game prices down if their was competition from other countries.

Its mainly because of TV systems, if your TV couldn't play title X because your TV won't do PAL or NTSC you would be complaining all the same. The only reason that the PS3 is region free is that HD makes it a moot point, HD is HD across the world. I can still see their being an issue with the PS3 in SD though, but its less of a problem now than it used to be.

I'm not sure what odd Japanese game you're referring to, but that is an understandable viewpoint.

It is an expression meaning the occasional game. I wasn't referering to a game that is odd.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what I'm most mad about is the fact we europeans won't be able to buy any jap or american virtual console games... that's just shit!
has it ever been any different for us?
that's why I'm importing my Wii...I'll have my Wii sooner (only a couple of days, though), I'll have access to all american Virtual Console games, and I can play US games, which cost about $15 less (free shipping with dvdboxoffice.com) and are often released up to 3 months earlier than in europe

already got mine pre-ordered at videogamesplus.ca
bow.gif

Resident0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what I'm most mad about is the fact we europeans won't be able to buy any jap or american virtual console games... that's just shit!

that's why I'm importing my Wii...I'll have my Wii sooner (only a couple of days, though), I'll have access to all american Virtual Console games, and I can play US games, which cost about $15 less (free shipping with dvdboxoffice.com) and are often released up to 3 months earlier than in europe

bow.gif

And if it breaks or malfunctions, or you bust a part like a power supply then Nintendo don't repair or replace US consoles from any other country except the USA, and then ure stuffed and have to buy a new Wii.

I got a USA GC when it came out, the laser went in 6 months and Nintendo wouldn't replace it but if i paid them £100 they would replace it for a PAL one.
mad.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have imported alot of Nintendo products including a gamecube, which I have modded since, and it is still going strong.
I have confidence that everything will be fine.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States

bow.gif
I figured for the weather channel it'd use your IP to determine your area. What's keeping it from forcing you to only get European VC titles?
lecture.gif

D

Deleted User

I remember making my Playstation region free, well making it play imports in color. It was just a matter of cutting a circuit and bridging another with a small piece of wire. It won't take long to break the region lock on this system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended