Hacking Wii not reading SDHC card even though its on 4.0?

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I have a Kingston 8gb SDHC class 4 card, at first I was trying to get it to work with USBLoader 1.5, it kept giving me error=ret-1, so, I decided to see if the Wii was able to detect it, and even though the SD Card icon flashes, it says that it can't be used...
I just installed Custom IOS38 rev 13b, and the HBC says I have IOS36 V4.18 installed.
Oh and the FW is 4.0U.
Can someone help me?
edit:I got the Wii to read it but SD/USB loader still gives me error=ret-1

astuermer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I've got the same card.
I've got 4.0 with HBC 1.0.3

The card is recognized by the Wii itself, but HBC won't really: I can see all programs, but when launching I get an libfat/Fat-Filesystem error and returning to the HBC.

astuermer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
manias said:
make sure u use the latest hbc

I already use HBC 1.0.3
See my post
wink.gif

Red Ire Lap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used to have the same problem with my SDHC card. It wasnt being recognized by the wii or the HBC, but it was reading the bootmii files i had on it, so i knew the card was readable. I fixed the wii not being able to read the card by using a program i found on the panasic website which is used for formatting all types of SD and SDHC cards... it takes a while but it seems to be a deeper formatting than the one that happens with windows. And lo and behold the wii was able to read it on 4.0. However, the HBC still was loading a black screen, so i tried removing the HBC channel and reinstalling using the bannerbomb method. That worked, and all is well on my wii now. You might want to try re initializing the trucha bug if you know how. I wouldnt know if that was the problem but i assume thats what went wrong with 4.0 on the wii. Anywho, hope my longwinded story helps you guys...sorry i dont have a link for the panasonic SD formatting program for you, but im searched GBAtemp for all my info and i found the answers.

My card was an 8GB PNY Optima SDHC. The kingstons usually do just great. Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...