Hacking Wii not reading discs anymore

destinyhero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I'm experiencing some awful problems with my Wii.

As background, it is a launch NTSC-U Wii with an original gen 1 Wii Key installed. Later on I did install the Homebrew Channel and everything was fine. However somewhere along the line, my Wii began to mess up. It stopped reading my back up games. It didn't really bother me since I legitimately purchase games so I used the original disc. However after updating to IOS249 and Hermes IOS222/223, I am now unable to play most of my entire Wii library, originals included. If I try to load a game in the latest/most updated Gecko OS, it gives me the "No DVD" error after spinning the disc.

When trying to load the game in the Disc Channel, it will allow it to boot but as soon as it tries to load information, it freezes and tells me the Disc cannot be read. However ejecting the disc and re-inserting it does allow me to play until the game needs to load more information or the game does a disc check. I played the first level of Super Mario Galaxy 2 this way.

Legitimate disc games that will no longer work correctly: Endless Ocean, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 2. In fact the only original game discs that work without a hitch are near-launch/launch games like Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Monkey Ball, which makes me believe something in my IOS is messed up? Prior to updating I did install boot2v4.

If anyone could please help me I would greatly appreciate it, I'd hate to have this Wii not working anymore. I don't know what to do at this point.

destinyhero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also trying to use Configurable USB Loader the Wiimote loses sync with the Wii...not sure why, all other Homebrew applications the Wii remote has no problem.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try running DOP-Mii and install System Menu 4.1 and IOS60 v6174 then run a wii system update and then re hack your wii.

It also matters what disk's your using. Good brans like verbatim/ Fuji etc.. work well.

EDIT: If all else fails your lens could be dirty. Purchase one of these at your local electronics store.

destinyhero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
Try running DOP-Mii and install System Menu 4.1 and IOS60 v6174 then run a wii system update and then re hack your wii.

It also matters what disk's your using. Good brans like verbatim/ Fuji etc.. work well.

EDIT: If all else fails your lens could be dirty. Purchase one of these at your local electronics store.

Okay, I have DOP-Mii. How would I go about installing System Menu 4.1? (My Wii is at 4.2U right now) and then IOS60 v6174? Are these in DOP-Mii or do I need to download files?

Also, these problems I'm describing are not only happening to my backups but actual original copies of NSMB Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2. For some strange reason I was able to just load up Muramasa (original disc) and play it fine. Still having Disc Read Errors with other games.

Once while accessing the Homebrew Channel I did get a Wii System message that said there were system files that were corrupted and to consult the manual guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: