Wii not backing up games any more

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by klouud, May 24, 2014.

1. klouud
    OP

klouud Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2013
    United States
    Hey guys!

Its been a while since I screwed around with the inner workings of my Wii so bear with me.

I recently tried to back up some games to a thumb drive (using a method that has worked for me in the past).
    And I am now getting a read error anywhere from 14-50% through the backup process. This happens in all USB loader programs.

I have formatted the thumb drive I'm using to back up my Wii games into multiple formats but still get the same read issue.

What the heck?!

The only thing I have done differently lately was go into USB Loader GX's settings and update everything I could. This is the only change that I have made to the software.

Everything else works fine - saves - games - backed up games - normal virtual console stuff - home-brew. It all works just fine. I just can't back up games any more.

I'm thinking that either my thumb drive has died OR the update in USB Loader GX has screwed something up.

Any advice or help would be nice. And please don't flame me. Its been quite a while since I hacked my wii.

Thanks again!

Tim

Wii: The one without the GC ports - came with New SMB's Wii

2. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho GBAtemp Fan

Mar 5, 2011
    Venezuela
    What is the state of your discs?

3. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Try a different USB drive. Make sure you're plugging it into the bottom USB port. Make sure your discs are clean/unscratched. Clean your lens. Those are the suggestions I have.

4. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Just curious, can the top USB port be used for anything on a wii?

5. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho GBAtemp Fan

Mar 5, 2011
    Venezuela
    Depends on the app, most use port 0 to run things, but some allow port 1 to load the EHDD.