Wii not acceping any DVDs after Wiiclip + D2PRO9 installed?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sofakng, Sep 30, 2008.

1. sofakng
    OP

Newcomer sofakng Advanced Member

United States
    I've recently ordered two modchips and the first one worked perfectly but my second and most recent one seems to be defective, or something.

What is happening is that the Wii will not accept any DVDs what-so-ever. I've re-installed the modchip twice and the second time it was accepting original DVDs but eventually it stopped and is no longer accepting any DVDs.

After comparing my two orders it looks like the company I ordered from might have started using newer firmware so maybe thats the problem? Unfortunately I don't have a programmer so I can't change it...

2. Arek1985

Newcomer Arek1985 Advanced Member

United States
    Well if it's a wii-clip what you may have to do is short the clk jumper and solder the wire between the two J points. I know because I had a similar problem. I beleive it mostly depends on which drive your wii has. I actually had my chip wired installed eventually. Wii-clips sometimes have a way of not working properly. But most likely you'll have to use the one wire method. Also make sure nothing got loose when you placed the Wii back together.

3. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Well, I won't go into the naming dispute over Wii discs...

4. sofakng
    OP

Newcomer sofakng Advanced Member

United States
    Hmm, is there more information on this anywhere? I'm not sure what you mean by the wire between the two J points...

I am using the Wii-Clip though... (v4 or something, I think?)

5. apcarr

Member apcarr GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  6. Arek1985

Newcomer Arek1985 Advanced Member

United States
    well if you check wii-clip.com they have some information (not much but a little). Their directions aren't the greatest but that's what it comes down to is depending on the drive you may need to use one wire to get the chip to work. http://wii-clip.com/ just click on v4c on the sidebar.