Wii News Channel not working

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by indiraider, Apr 8, 2007.

Apr 8, 2007

Wii News Channel not working by indiraider at 4:29 AM (1,004 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. indiraider
    OP

Newcomer indiraider Advanced Member

Hey I just installed my wiikey. I heard about the issues people were getting with the connect 24 so I turned it off when i did my install. I was just messing around with my channels, turned connect 24 on, and I found that the weather updates. But the news channel claims that it is downloading the news but gives me a message "Unable to download the latest information" WTF ??! Is the nintendo server down?? Or do I need to do that connect 24 fix? Everyone votes, Internet channel, and forecast channel all work except the news channel. Is anyone else having this problem?

2. brian007

Newcomer brian007 Member

United States
    Turn on Standby in the WiiConnect24 option. It should fix the problem.

3. indiraider
    OP

all ready have it on

4. htoxad

Member htoxad GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not sure if it would do anything but you couldn't delete the News Channel and redownload from the Shop Channel?

5. indiraider
    OP

I just found out the problem, I'm posting it because it could help people who are have the same problem and are searching the boards.

My problem was the wrong date and time. I didn't bother to fix the time after I put the battery back in. It's weird because everything works with the wrong date except the news channel. It was probably an oversight by nintendo not to put a time and date updater written in the firmware. I mean come on! it isnt that hard to dl like 4k of information from time.gov. Well, maybe in the next firmware they will implement automatic synchronization.

6. Presto

Member Presto GBAtemp Regular

United States
    mine did the same thing i fixed the date and time and it still gave me crap so i formatted the wiis memory and that worked