Hacking Wii Nand on Another Wii

• Thread starter Kurisuellegarden
  • Start date
  • Views 4,606
  • Replies 16
K

Kurisuellegarden

I wanted to know if it's possible to put my Wii's NAND onto another Wii. I'm basically switching the content of both.

Thank you!
happy.gif

K

Kurisuellegarden

Okay, change of question, any easy way to move all save data over? You know, not using the Wiis slow one at a time thing, something quick that just copies all your save data over?

K

Kurisuellegarden

Well I was going to do that so I can copy over all my hacks too and specific setup but I'll settle for copying over just saves.
smile.gif
Thanks guys! You were a big help!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
seconded on savegame manager gx. Haven't tested it to copy savegames between nands, but it should work (bare, perhaps, some online-oriented games like monster hunter trii).

Switching nands is risky, even with correctly altered keys. The reason is that most (if not all) wii's have some bad blocks that are on different locations per wii. Switching nands can end up some crucial data on a bad block on the other wii.

K

Kurisuellegarden

Okay, that's interesting. I just started learning about bad blocks recently.
tongue.gif
Well, I knew about them, but just kinda looking into them because I have to recover data off of another hard drive for a friend. But it's interesting, I forgot that NAND extraction works at a very low level.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Kurisuellegarden said:
I wanted to know if it's possible to put my Wii's NAND onto another Wii. I'm basically switching the content of both.

Thank you!
happy.gif

It's possible via sneek to run a NAND from another Wii.

In theory this should be possible with the real Wii too.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
even if you convert your NAND file perfectly some information are loaded from OTP (i.e. device ID) which will then break all your online stuff since it doesn't match the NAND.

The only real way to run a NAND on another Wii is SNEEK.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have messed with sneek a little(on my 2 wii) and i can tell you that basically only the shared2 ans meta folders are proprietary to the one wii.(they are about 10 mb)
So theoretically its the same thing with your real nands. as longs as you dont touch those 2 folders your ok.
You can use any emulated nand on any wii just redump those 2 folders and overwrite them on your device.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Contact DeadlyFoez, he knows ALOT about such subjects and has helped alot of people with NAND issues, 003 errors and such. I think any questions you may have, this guy could answer

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
As other has said, it is best just to extract your mii's and savegames from one wii and import them on the other. Trying to convert your nand to another wii can be dangerous if you don't have a full grasp on what you are doing, doesn't have bootmii in boot2, the target wii has bad blocks in an important area, or if you don't know how to properly use a hex editor.

K

Kurisuellegarden

I figured out how to switch the content, all IOSes, and hacks over just using the Wii Backup Disc for it. I forgot I had it, you can burn it and patch the internal IOS it uses to 249 or install it to a USB loader like a game and it works. (I was surprised kinda that it worked with the USB Loader ) and I just saved everything and moved it over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night