niceguy79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering if its possible to do the following

I want to have the nand emulated on SD (save the writing to my internal nand) and be able to use my external hard drive that stores all my games in ISO format on NTFS (to save my Wii disc drive).

I also like the idea of having nand emulated on a seperate SD card so when we have friends & family the kids can play the wii and not be able to delete or mess up my game saves and still keep the Wii friendly UI. It would be like swapping out the OS drive.

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely. I have almost an identical setup, save I use a FAT hard drive.
Just make sure that your USB loader is set to find your emulated NAND on your SD card rather than USB

niceguy79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am finding it nearly impossible to have the NTFS partition on my USB hard drive which means I cannot use the ISO files. That is fine, I have no problem converting to FAT32 partition with *.wbfs files.

Is it possible to run SNEEK or SNEEK +DI from sdcard which has Wiiflow and be able to load backups from USB via WiiFlow?

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to make sure I undersstand your question. You want to launch SNEEK, and then WiiFlow, to boot ISO/WBFS files from a USB device?
If so, then that will mostly work. IIRC, when you've booted your emulated NAND via SNEEK, it won't be able to read your SD card as an SD card because it's already reading it as the NAND. So, for that, you would need to put WiiFlow on your USB device, as far as I know. Otherwise, I don't think there are any problems with that setup.

niceguy79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been able to get SNEEK working (via ModMii) but have not been able to get WiiFlow (inside SNEEK) working with my USB device. I am guessing its because I don't have the right IOS installed to access my USB HDD properly.

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been able to get SNEEK working (via ModMii) but have not been able to get WiiFlow (inside SNEEK) working with my USB device. I am guessing its because I don't have the right IOS installed to access my USB HDD properly.
That's very possible. You can try opening ShowMiiWads to take a look at your SNEEK install, and check what IOS are installed. As far as I know, it doesn't take anything beyond the usual (d2x). If you have beta 52 or beta53alt installed, you might try out the other

Also, is WiiFlow itself not working, or is it just not reading your USB device? It still could be where you have it installed. I assume it's being launched from your SD card? You might try putting it on the USB device and launching from there.

niceguy79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure what is installed. I am just running off a ModMii nand build. I will try to get d2x installed and see if that works.

niceguy79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried installing the latest d2x (d2x-v10-beta53-alt.zip) but no dice.

I currently only have 1 partition on the hard drive and it is formatted fat32 (32k clusters) and running my real nand everything works as expected.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sneek and all it's iterations are NOT dependend an ANY cIOS.
It's a Wii sytem emulation using the actual Wii harware, without the need of cIOS.

niceguy79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so what am i doing wrong? I've got a working SNEEK sd card (I put in the SD card and boot the wii and it comes up to my clean system menu). But I have had no luck getting WiiFlow or PostLoader working with my USB HDD.

niceguy79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I will try to see if I can setup Uneek2o.

Is it possible to boot Uneek automatically when the Wii is turned on? Or do I have to load it each time?

niceguy79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I tried UNEEK over the weekend. It is possible to boot into UNEEK via SDCARD (BOOTMII boot2)

I still am not able to load games via WiiFlow from USB HDD.
I am currently getting a DiskOpen failed error in WiiFlow. And if I try using USB Configurable Loader I get a message saying IOS 249 is blocked from reloading. I feel I am close to getting this working but need some advice on the next step or if I am beating a dead horse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome