Wii NAND backup

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Foxi4, May 23, 2010.

May 23, 2010

Wii NAND backup by Foxi4 at 2:59 PM (1,198 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Foxi4
    OP

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    I'm having lots of problems with the ios15/16 and 36 bugs. My wii got homebrewed no problem, however my girlfriend's wii just doesn't feel like cooperating. Despite the fact that ios36 and 15 have been patched with the Turcha bug tool, I'm getting - 2011 errors each time I'm trying to install any cios. The problem is non-existant when I install ordinary wiiware or homebrew on the console...

So I've been thinking...

I have a NAND backup of my Wii, oryginally it was 4.0E without the abillity to install BootMii on the boot2 partition. My gf's Wii is older, oryginally 3.2E and has BootMii on the boot2 partition, so I can turn it on no problem... therefore... Has anyone tried putting a NAND backup comming from a different console onto another? Is it making a huge difference? Do Wii's differ from oneanother from the hardware point of view, like some PS3's and XBox 360's?

If they don't, in theory this should work out pretty swell and recover the Wii to its oryginal shape so I can try again from scratch.

2. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If you just try to restore a backup from your Wii on your gf's Wii as it stands bootmii won't let you do it at all.

It is possible to swap NAND's but you have to do some editing of the key's in the NAND to match the keys of whatever Wii you are restoring it to. Also I believe the boot2 versions have to be the same for the NAND's you're swapping.

It's also potentially pretty dangerous to use NAND's from different Wii's due to the off chance there's something important in one block of NAND that happens to be a bad block of NAND on the one you're swapping to or something along those lines.

Are you following the stickied guide here to do your softmodding or something else?

3. Foxi4
    OP

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    In fact, I was. Step by step. Like I said, I've done this before and I was pretty damn suprised when it didn't work. Like I said, I'm on the point where I have the bug-enabled ios 36 installed, ios 15 restored and I cannot install any cIOS'es due to error -2011 in the wad manager. I tried cIOS installer with the same result. I even tried cIOS downgrader as I've read somewhere that it can solve the -2011 problem, but it didn't even run correctly (black screen on two different versions). I'm all out of ideas, anybody tried to solve the - 2011 bug? Any luck?

4. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Are you using IOS36 (now patched) to install the newer CIOS's.

And have you deleted the Stubbed IOSs at 202,222,223, and especailly in your case, 249/250 ??

What WAD Manager r u using ? Try latest MMM or YAWM.