1. Awesomekid956000

OP Awesomekid956000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I might not be the majority of people when I say I like Wii Music. It's not as good as guitar hero or other games, but something just kinda steered me away with the price of it and being forced to own a hunk of plastic thats the controller only usable for the game. Not to mention it just sticks out when you have to put it up. If you like it, go on enjoying it. Long story short, guitar hero has lots of people adding tracks to the game, has anyone done it for wii music?

2. CoolStarDood

CoolStarDood GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I definitely want this too!

3. TheShadowEevee

Newcomer

United States
    I'm sure there isnt anything too hard, aslong as your comfortable editing game files. I'd poke around using wii scrubber and see what you can find if you want to make your own, otherwise you could maybe find something for people who do want to. I'd be interested in poking around the game files, but I own it. XD

CoolStarDood likes this.
  4. Awesomekid956000

OP Awesomekid956000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, I am not at all comfortable with wii scrubbing, or messing with game files, I cant even replace sonic's model in sonic colors to classic sonic (I could never get it to load, black screen), and that was with detailed instructions. Still havent done it since, and I dont know what more complicated things ive been able to do.

Also, with Wii music, I'm kinda scared as to what could happen, like what music files do, like if I put a completely different song into the game. Such as, will it extend the run time, or cut off where the original music that was placed stopped. Will it change the music in any way if I screw up? Heck does it change the notes I have to play? Will I have to play the super mario bros. theme to play i dunno, Imagine Dragons' Believer, Micheal Jacksons' Thriller, or hell maybe All Star with shrek screaming tasty memes? (I dont know what I done with my life, I cant even take my own questions seriously without cracking up, but anyway) Thats even if it doesnt crash because it doesnt like what file I put in. Mainly in short, would there be a point if I don't go all the way to do some rocket science mumbo jumbo. I dont want a fancy tv mp3 player, I want a game if you know what I mean.

Last edited by Awesomekid956000, Nov 27, 2018
    TheOnlyZac likes this.
  5. Shenyang

Shenyang Member
    Newcomer

Antarctica
    Wii Music uses .brstm files for the tutorials/menu music, so the actual performance songs are likely pattern sequences and instrument sets contained within the .brsar archive files.
    Replacing .brstms with your own songs is easy, but the sequenced music would involve decoding it into a general format like MIDI, recomposing it yourself to become the song you want through a tracker, and somehow recoding it back into the game.

CoolStarDood and SpongeFreak52 like this.
  6. CoolStarDood

CoolStarDood GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Mario Kart Wii uses a .brsar file for its music as well, so tutorials for MKW brsar patching would probably help you

7. ineed3dshacks

ineed3dshacks Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    +1 for wanting this.

8. Mythical

Mythical GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Last edited by Mythical, Sep 13, 2019
  9. epicgamerbarry

Newcomer

Costa Rica