Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Nintendo just announced a new accessory for the Wiimote! MotionPlus! The add-on attaches to the bottom of the Wii-mote and more accurately traces motions in 3-D space by better orienting the controller.

wii_motion_plus.jpg

QUOTE said:
NINTENDO INTRODUCES THE WII™ MOTIONPLUS
July 14, 2008
Nintendo's upcoming Wii™ MotionPlus accessory for the revolutionary Wii Remote™ controller again redefines game control, by more quickly and accurately reflecting motions in a 3-D space. The Wii MotionPlus accessory attaches to the end of the Wii Remote and, combined with the accelerometer and the sensor bar, allows for more comprehensive tracking of a player's arm position and orientation, providing players with an unmatched level of precision and immersion. Every slight movement players make with their wrist or arm is rendered identically in real time on the screen, providing a true 1:1 response in their game play. The Wii MotionPlus accessory reconfirms Nintendo's commitment to making games intuitive and accessible for everyone. Nintendo will reveal more details about the Wii MotionPlus accessory and other topics Tuesday morning at its E3 media briefing.

source: http://kotaku.com/5024907/nintendo-introdu...wii-motion-plus

I believe we'll have more details about it tomorrow..

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm sure there're gonna be new Wiimotes with this already-in.

This is probably an add-on if you already have the old-style Wiimotes.

It's gonna be better for them that the add-on will be REALLY cheap.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pokemongalaxy said:
CockroachMan said:
Indeed it should be there since launch
sleep.gif

I'm guessing Nintendo will use this on their secret big game they're talking about.. just hope it's not very expensive :/
what secret game?

If we knew, it wouldn't be a secret, would it?

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
science said:
pokemongalaxy said:
CockroachMan said:
sleep.gif

I'm guessing Nintendo will use this on their secret big game they're talking about.. just hope it's not very expensive :/
what secret game?

If we knew, it wouldn't be a secret, would it?
I knew someone would say that !
happy.gif

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokemongalaxy said:
CockroachMan said:
sleep.gif

what secret game?
Probably this big surprise Nintendo has in store at E3 tomorrow. Kid Icarus or whatever it is. Anyways, I think this is retaliation to the 360's supposed new controller thats coming out. That's what I believe anyway...

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone say Wii Sports 2?
biggrin.gif

Not impressed that they have to deliver this addon to improve 3D motion support, should have been there from the start. But I hope to see games take proper advantage of this and deliver am much more fluid control experience!

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Woo suddenly Nintendo announces this and everyone is bashing them. Whatever I'm pumped I was telling myself if these new motion controllers from all the rumors are real Nintendo needs some new tech to make people forget about the others.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel like Wiilot don't need it. At least for now (I mean: new games may have improved motion sensor usage)
Also, if this will be packaged with games that needs it it completely kills the piracy - unless Nintendo will not charge much/ give it for free. Finally however Nintendo thinks about their console.

So, yeah. Nintendo. Don't think about stupid Trucha patching, think about improving your console. Good move from you.

EDIT: O shit, does it mean we must change WiiJacket?
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.