Wii MotionPlus Trailer

• Thread starter Jackreyes
  • Start date
  • Views 3,862
  • Replies 21
J

Jackreyes

Looks like it could work quite well.
Also looks like 3rd party developers will be able to use soon.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:
maybe SW force unleashed will have this
It won't.

Looks awesome, really hope that 3rd parties are already using this though. For some reason I found it funny when the guy said "my laser sword"

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's great. Now we just have to wait for some Katana-based game to use this for massive fun
biggrin.gif

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
I can think of a few.

Zelda, No More Heroes, Red Steel and a more precise Warioware.

Their sequels of course.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it... The Wii mote can sense going up, down, left, right, back, forward, sideways, etc. What do we need the Motion Plus for?

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For one, playing a sword-fighting game and being able to defend yourself at every emulated angle simply by moving the Wiimote, possibly even forcing blades against each other by moving a defending Wiimote forward and backwards at the same time.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
8BitWalugi said:
Funny how Nintendo are making an acsessory tomake the wii remote do what it was made to do. (Quoted from Ben Yahtzee Crowshaw E3 Trailer Review)
I don't think Nintendo makes this accessory dude

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
Funny how Nintendo are making an acsessory tomake the wii remote do what it was made to do. (Quoted from Ben Yahtzee Crowshaw E3 Trailer Review)

Or instead of (mis)quoting somebody who said the same thing as hundreds of other people, you could have just said it without the useless part at the end.

I lol'd when he said "I can hit these balls. I can hit them hard."

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to see the capabilites of MotionPlus compared to a remote without one. I see that it's able to detect yaw unlike the standalone remote, but side-by-side comparisons are what sell me most on this kind of technology.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
It kinda pisses me off that Nintendo is releasing this thing. I mean, the Wii should have had integrated 1:1 recognition from the start :\ I guess it's just a marketing scheme, and all the consoles are doing it, but I just wish they would release COMPLETED products instead of incomplete consoles that need add-ons. How much is the WMP gonna cost anyway?

J

Jackreyes

Hit said:
8BitWalugi said:
Then why is it being packaged with Wii Sports 2?
And why did Nintendo show it at E3?

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jackreyes said:
Hit said:
8BitWalugi said:
Then why is it being packaged with Wii Sports 2?
And why did Nintendo show it at E3?
Because they want to officially support it

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All news are released by Nintendo and InvenSense (and AiLive for the LiveMove2 software), all citing a cooperation with Nintendo in production of the hardware/software. The device is an official Nintendo accessory, it is just the chips (and the motion recognition framework for a number of games) that are manufactured by third parties, but then again, the Wii console itself uses many 3rd party chips, so that is not an argument.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It kinda pisses me off when people says it's all for marketing and should have been in the Wii in the first place. Although I also wish the Wii had this in the first place, I honestly don't believe they had the technology in the Wii Motion+ and thought the normal Wii would be fine for all these motions. If they had waited release the Wii, I don't know how long it would have taken them to integrate the technology. I mean they brought this thing out 2 years after the Wii's release, and they just "showed" it.

I also remember we've been told a long while ago that the normal Wii controller wasn't capable of this stuff and people complained then. Now Nintendo releases something that is capable and people bash it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person