Wii Motion Plus - Any issues with Backup Loaders?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by w_n_s, Jul 22, 2009.

1. w_n_s
    OP

w_n_s Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2008
    Belfast
    I can't see any topics similar to this, only issues people are having with specific games.

i'm about to fork out for a Wii Motion Plus adaptor for my Wii Remote, are there any issues with it and any of the backup loaders out there. i.e. if I can load games that use the Wii Motion Plus, will they make use of the Motion Plus dongle when I finally buy it?

2. riddle43

riddle43 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2008
    United States
    Mich USA
    i got mine 3 weeks ago and so far so good no probs with tiger woods 10 , also good in wii sports resort jap and pal so there you go [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

Jun 19, 2009
    yep same here no probs workin with GX

4. Darubious

Darubious Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2009
    United States
    Wii Motion Plus works fine with any loaders I have seen, but it will not work at all with the Nyko Wand remotes. (the generic wiimote)

5. Darubious

Darubious Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2009
    United States
    Also the Nyko Wand remote will get you warnings when installing anything homebrew. You will see a message in the status saying cannot handle it or something. Very odd since everything installs fine.

6. Hooya

Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 25, 2006
    United States
    Central Illinois
    You can send them to Nyko to be physically updated to take a Motion+. Contact their customer support, they'll give you a shipping label. Takes about a week I guess.

7. imapterodactyl

imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

Jan 20, 2009
    United States
    That's cool. Nyko actually makes nice products... it's too bad the Kama (wireless Nunchuk) is so hideous now since Nintendo sued them for infringement.

Also, back on topic: Nope, no problems with Motion+ and backup loaders (disc or usb) at all.

8. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

Jun 19, 2009
    does anyone else motion plus look this ugly or have a been jipped?? [​IMG] [​IMG]

and was bought as a seperate(not in with a game) from a Asda store in the North East

MINE

[​IMG] [​IMG]

COMPAIRED TO THIS

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. mudbone

mudbone Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2009
    United States
    i bought mine from target by itself, and it looks just like yours! not the one in the ad!
    so i dont think you go jipped!

btw...all motion plus games work great with backup loaders... [​IMG]

10. Logan

Logan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2003
    Northampton, UK
    Nope. Two I bought from Tesco are exact same as yours. Butt ugly and almost half finished and rushed. That rubber thing came off right away too!

11. Luriden

Luriden GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2008
    United States
    Topeka, KS
    I like the idea behind MotionPlus, but I'm going to wait and see if there are more games coming out that support it. Nintendo have a history of overhyping a new attachment/controller/peripheral and then abandoning it right away.

12. FlatFrogger

FlatFrogger GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2007
    Woooooooooooow, it obviously stopped by the ugly tree for last minute product revisions.

The nintendo one looks all nice and smooth and flush fitting but the other... damn its like they specifically redesigned for the idiot cover/condom.