Wii Motherboard Replacment help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by chillnburn1, Dec 26, 2009.

Dec 26, 2009
  1. chillnburn1
    OP

Newcomer chillnburn1 Newbie

United States
    So yeah, here is the deal.
    A couple months ago My wii encountered a little fall from my cat and thought it was nothing. Everything was fine till my ejection button was supposedly 'jammed'. I did all these little tips and tricks from the web and nothing worked. So I have taken the wii apart and saw that the the eject mechanism for the button has vanished believe it or not. Right off the motherboard gone, i had no idea where it was. Now I found an replacement for that and can re-solder it, but it can cause ruining my Wii all together. So i want to take the safest way possible and just simply replace my Wii motherboard.

I have the motherboard. Now i need instructions. If you guys can. I will really appreciate step by step, screw by screw, part by part instructions on replacing the motherboard. All help will be greatly appreciated! [​IMG]

2. happydance

Member happydance GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    i think this is just 1/2 of the disassembly process.

http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/pages.php?pageid=9

can't you power on your wii via wiimote? complete disassembly of the wii is such pain. i haven't reassemble my other wii and the wii i'm curently using now don't have all the screws bolted... getting lazy to tidy up

3. new2wii

Newcomer new2wii Member

United States
  4. new2wii

Newcomer new2wii Member

United States