Homebrew Wii motes will not synch now after doing hackmii installer.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i have successfully been able to install everything on my friend's Wii even bootmii2. But when I updated WiiMC it just froze my Wii motes and now I can't use them for HBC. Bootmii pops up first then every time and then I use the console buttons on the Wii to navigate back to HBC but then I can't use my Wii motes as they continuously flash. Should I delete bootmii right now? I want to be able to test the WiiMC player and see if that can work since bootmii2 is enabled AND their Wii has not been repaired or damaged before unlike mine.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Must I move the bootmii folder to the apps folder or what else do I do? I want to keep bootmii in case the Wii bricks and I am looking up Priiloader atm to get that to run.

pembo

Trophies
XP
Country
you can't use a wiimote in bootmii.

use the power/reset buttons on the console, or plug in a GC pad.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok then delete it from the SD card after doing NAND backup? Also how the heck do i do a CIOS rev 2.3 installer thing. I chose 250 to use, 57 as base and 249 as the slot but it won't install! I need help. Used NUS too.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
Ok then delete it from the SD card after doing NAND backup? Also how the heck do i do a CIOS rev 2.3 installer thing. I chose 250 to use, 57 as base and 249 as the slot but it won't install! I need help. Used NUS too.

That's because IOS250 is only used when you stub 249. You need to restore the trucha bug to some IOS. The Complete Softmod Guide has instructions for that. I'm not going to link you, find it yourself.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.....what? I want to install CIOS 249 on my friend's Wii without having to soft mod it. That and Priiloader. I am seraching for the stuff needed. 250 adn 36 did NOT work. WTF is Trucha Back Restorer?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
.....what? I want to install CIOS 249 on my friend's Wii without having to soft mod it. That and Priiloader. I am seraching for the stuff needed. 250 adn 36 did NOT work. WTF is Trucha Back Restorer?
Installing cIOS249 IS essentially softmodding the Wii. To install cIOS249, you must restore the trucha bug to IOS36 and delete the stub IOS249. Only then will you be able to install cIOS249. You must follow the steps on this page:
http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/hacking-guide/trucha

When you used IOS250 to reinstall your stubbed IOS249, you had IOS250. When you install cIOS249 rev19 or lower, it automatically installs IOS250 as a clone of IOS249. Thus you can use it to reinstall IOS249 if it gets deleted. On a virgin Wii, it's not there, so you can't use it to install IOS249.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so assumingly I start from the "Guide section" since I have an internet connection on the Wii. After that though, which IOS do I use on the cIOS installer app? For use, slot, and base.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
smashdude said:
Ok so assumingly I start from the "Guide section" since I have an internet connection on the Wii. After that though, which IOS do I use on the cIOS installer app? For use, slot, and base.
So you followed the guide to restore trucha? If everything worked, you can use IOS36 for use, IOS249 slot, and IOS56 base, network installation.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks. I have Priiloader beta downloaded for his 4.2U Wii BUT I can't find the hacks.lnl to download on the root of my SD card. The links don't work. Can you please link me to them? Just the roots hacks.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait I think I am missing something. Am I supposed to stick the Dop-Mii that comes with the config on the root of the SD card? The Dop-Mii 13 download comes with two folders; apps and config.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now it gives me error messages when downloading from NUS and I have Wi-Fi enabled on the Wii. It does this for the very last step of the process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.