Wii mote constantly losing connection on motion plus games

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Aussielad, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Aussielad
    OP

Aussielad Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2015
    Hi. I have an afterdark wii mote, with moti9on plus built in. It seems when I play games that utilize the motion plus tech (red steel 2, skyward sword) the wii u loses connection to the wii mote. I have no idea what the problem is. The remote is basically new, i have had it for a while but its received very little use. Short of buying a new control, is there any thing I can try. Ive unplugged the wii u and let the power drain, ive resynched the control, ive switched out the batteries...

2. Alex4U

Alex4U not a snivy addict

Jan 6, 2016
    Mexico
    with Snivy, Mystery Zone (Adress 0x00)
    Try to connect in a wii (if you have or a pc, BUT IM NOT SURE IF WIIMOTE + CAN CONNECT TO PC)
    Is original the Wiimote +?

3. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    It is the way motion plus is implemented. My Nyko WAND+ does this as it also has motion plus built-in.

the only fix so far is to use a genuine Wii Remote (built-in motion plus) or use the adapter.

4. Alex4U

Jan 6, 2016
    Mexico
    What? Really??
    And... if you try to format you wii? (yeah, sounds useless...)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I got it. i think you need a IOS.
    I dont know what "IOS" exactly
    But you can use MMM (MultiModManager or Wiimod?) to install IOS (that ios is needed by the controller, and games like Wii Party, or Zelda Skyward Word)

5. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    This is incorrect, you do not need any IOSs. If you install a Wii IOS on Wii U by accident, you will mess up your Wii U.

6. Alex4U

Jan 6, 2016
    Mexico
    Uh? Oh,im sorry...