Hardware Wii Mote and Nunchuk not working on WiiU

jackph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have a Wii Mote Motion Plus and nunchuk that I've been using in my Wii console. Since I purchased the WiiU, I've been using the Wii Mote Motion Plus from my Wii. Just recently, I played some games requiring nunchuk. I connected my old nunchuk from wii and it is not being detected.

Is there a compatibility issue?
My Wii Mote and Nunchuk is from Wii
Tested it from my old wii console and everything is working fine.

I hope you can help me before I purchase a new Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk with WiiU tag on them.

Thank you.

jackph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I've tried re-synching wiimote and tried the bundled wiiu sensor and sensor for Wii but same.
Thank you for the response. I think I will buy the set Wii remote plus with nunchuk and sensor and tagged as WiiU to make sure.

Wii mote works fine, except nunchuk.

Last edited by jackph,

jackph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Update:
Bought a new WiiU remote plus that includes Wiimote + Nunchuk + Sensor. Works fine. My conclusion is that the old wii nunchuk is not compatible with WiiU since it is working fine on Wii.

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be ur sensor bar as well.
That's just a bar of LEDs. It has nothing to do with the connection.

The oldest nunchucks are no different than the newest nunchucks. There shouldn't be any compatibility issues. You should resync your wiimote and check that the old nunchuck's connector is clean.

jackph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's just a bar of LEDs. It has nothing to do with the connection.

The oldest nunchucks are no different than the newest nunchucks. There shouldn't be any compatibility issues. You should resync your wiimote and check that the old nunchuck's connector is clean.

That is my first thought. I tried checking the nunchuk connection and it is working fine on my old Wii. I have tested it and there is no problem using it on my Wii.

Then I've tried to use it on my WiiU but it is not being detected that it is even connected. Not sure what is the problem though. I have resync it on WiiU. Nunchuk connection is clean, (it doesn't even have ghost movement on my old Wii).

I still owns both Wii and WiiU and both are in latest firmware. But since I already bought a new set of WiiU controllers, I just use the old nunchuk to my old Wii.

Thanks!

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:
Bought a new WiiU remote plus that includes Wiimote + Nunchuk + Sensor. Works fine. My conclusion is that the old wii nunchuk is not compatible with WiiU since it is working fine on Wii.

Was your old chuck third party by any chance? That's the only reason I can see that it might not work. First party ones should all be the same. There are some remote revisions but again, all first party ones should work fine with 1st party chucks on Wii U. I suppose there could be incompatible 3rd party remotes that don't show any problems until you hook up a chuck (even 1st party) but if everything is official Nintendo, everything should work whether on Wii or Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over