Wii Mode Keys!!! Thanks crediar.

DeadlyFoez Nov 21, 2012.

1. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    It means we get a close look at the vWii NAND before a bug-free exploit is found.

2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Excellent, that's what I was hoping for.

3. Bent

Bent GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Makes sense I guess. I am not familiar with ShowMeWads. Though it seems kind of odd to just put whatever you want into a ticket.

4. HorreC

HorreC Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2012
    United States
    Well It means we have a way to write or really do some stuff on IOS (from what I am gathering) and I still havent read if this area is writeable (which they dont really need to but it seems everything likes to update on this console so much more then on the wii) but if it is we should see some projects hitting the vWii soon, maybe even a wait till all regions release so they can see if its system why or just here, and dont want fixes rolling out for v2.0.0k/j/e. Thats at least what I am getting from all the info out right now from people with good knowledge in the scene

5. techboy

techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    That string is in the title key field. It can be pretty much anything you want as long as it fits. Normally it's random hex that N generates when they publish the title, but there's nothing stopping us from putting human-readable characters in there...

6. WiiCrazy

WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

May 8, 2008
    Istanbul
    Ios 40, 50, 60 is missing in that list. Install one using a proper wad manager and there you have an exploitable ios on your virtual wii or not?

7. djbubba2002

djbubba2002 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 10, 2007
    Wish it was that easy .

8. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    They haven't been able to install any IOS, not even a legitimate one. It would be good to install IOS16.

9. crediar

crediar Possiblenator

Mar 5, 2006
    Antarctica
    You can save yourself the time of trying to install any IOSs, all vIOSs have error -1017 hardcoded for all IOSs and the system menu within these functions: ES_AddTicket/ES_AddTitleStart/ES_AddContentStart.

10. techboy

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    Good to know...

How does the vWii's shop channel work though? It must install stuff somehow...

11. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    So, we found the keys, but what now? Standstill?

12. Isle41

Isle41 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2011
    Gambia, The
    How did you make the wads?

13. techboy

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    Open the dump in showmiiwads: Choose Options->Change NAND Backup Path. Select the folder where the extracted dump is. Then just select the titles in the showmiiwads list that you want, right click, and Pack Wad. Choose a folder to save the wads in.

The IOSes don't work on Wii (black screen). The system menu won't pack. Channels are described in one of my posts on the previous page.

Speaking of the SM not packing...I'm out of ideas on this one. :( Maybe someone with a better understanding of this sort of thing can get the SM to work?

HorreC likes this.
  14. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
  15. techboy

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    Thinking same here with the IOS. Wasn't really expecting them to work because the hardware is different.

As for the SM, it must be a bug in my old version of ShowMiiWads. 1.5 mod did in fact pack it. Created a 21.5MB wad. It also shows the # of SM contents as being more sane: 10 vs. the 75 from earlier. Thanks for that. I was still running showmiiwads 1.3...

EDIT: Now it's a question of what this SM needs in order to make it boot...it doesn't run on SNEEK (tried neek2o r58 and r95).

16. Isle41

Isle41 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Hmm. I did all those, but no list ever comes up.
    What I do is:
    1. Drag and drop nand.bin on showmiiwads
    2. File>Open folder, navigate to folder with nand.bin
    3. Options>Change Nand backup path, selected folder with nand.bin
    4. Hmm, nothing happened.
    5. Click ShowMiiNand. Nothing.........

Try again:
    1-2 same
    3. Options>Change Nand backup path, select folder with an extraction of nand.bin.
    4-5 same.

I have .net framework 3.5, so that should cover 2.0. Any ideas why no list comes up?

17. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
  18. crediar

crediar Possiblenator

Mar 5, 2006
    Antarctica
    The System Menu won't work because it is encrypted, the IOS won't in sneek because there is a New WLAN Module in iOS that doesnt Support the Old Wii One.

Witten and crapply corrected by an icrap.

techboy likes this.
  19. crono141

crono141 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    United States
    I wonder if the new WiiShop uses WiiU level privileges to install new downloads upon vWii reboot. What I mean is, perhaps it downloads the software to a specific 'to be installed' location and sets a flag for the WiiU to alter the vWii nand according to what is in that location. When you exit the vWii store, it reboots the menu, WiiU hypervisor alters NAND on boot, and to the regular user it appears as normal installation behavior.

20. air2004

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    That just made my brain hurt

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted