Wii modding as good as it gets?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Harsky, Mar 27, 2008.

Mar 27, 2008
  1. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    One of the thing that put me off buying a modchip for the Wii was the early days when an NTSC ISO won't work properly on a PAL Wii or vice versa. Fast forward to now and there is a lot of PAL ISOs already floating on the internet combined with region changers that i wouldn't mind trying out but then came the next problem of the Wiikey on a later Wii. One of the problem is having to grind away to get to the leg which really doesn't fill me with excitement but I have heard of the Wasabi chip which I haven't heard a lot about from other people on the reliability. In short, am I better off waiting a little longer or should I just get a chip now?

2. vinc3

Newcomer vinc3 Newbie

Netherlands
    I am in the same situation as you are. My GF has a WII on order and I've already found loads of games for her. Now I read that the new WII's are D2C based. Also read about the D2C based modchips the 'Wasabi' and the 'Argon Infectus'.

Wondering what's best to do? Getting a chip now (if so, which one?) or wait?

I am not trying to hijack your topic. Just trying to add some more info and discuss along. [​IMG]

3. Alerek

Member Alerek GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I know it doesnt really help out answering the question, but I worry about the same stuff.

My need to play Smash Brothers was too great, so I went ahead and grabbed a Wiikey.
    I'm thouroughly pleased with it, has yet to fail me. The only two problems I have had with it have already been resolved. I tried to run the PAL Harvest Moon Magical Melody, but had to use a freeloader disc to boot it. That, and of course SSBB not running from the original disc.

But, as with pretty much anything when it comes to electronics, there's always going to be something better than what you have released in 6 months.

4. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    My need for Smash Brothers was so great, I bought the original, on import [​IMG]

I am still resisting the urge to mod my Wii ... I have modded other peoples, but want to see what is on the horizon, so to speak.

I feel big changes a-brewing, yet I do not know from where, or indeed what is coming, but my gut tells me that something is ... so, that is why I am waiting.