Pr3tzals

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok I bought a modded wii off some guy it came with firmware 3.0? and I wanted to update my wii firmware via the download firmware burn disk put in wii. but i didnt know if i had to update my wii modchip before updating wii firmware so I was wondering are there any ways to tell which modchip you have without opening?

Oh and what I downloaded for updating wii was something like wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290 will this work with the Australian pal version?

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try a wiikey config disc, that is the most common.

Then try other config discs...

If none of them work you probably have to open it
wink.gif

Try Mariokart or SSBB, as I believe they have the 3.2E update.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Go to wiikey.cn and download an update or the config disc image and see if it boots.

Oh, can I just ask, can you 'downgrade' via DVD? I have 3.3E, so is it possible to download 3.2E and install it? Or will I just have to use waninkoko's downgrader for that?

Oh, and Australian Wii's are PAL, so that'll work with your Wii.

Pr3tzals

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok the wiikey config disk booted up and I was able to move im on update 3.1e on wii and 1.4 on wiikey does this seem right? and if so should I continue with my update?

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Pr3tzals said:
Ok the wiikey config disk booted up and I was able to move im on update 3.1e on wii and 1.4 on wiikey does this seem right? and if so should I continue with my update?
Yeah, that's fine, you can continue with the update. You're also better off updating the WiiKey too as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: