Hacking Wii modchip prob

jincrypt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got my wii modded and the person who did it "thinks" it's a wiikey, and i dont quite trust him XD, soo if i try to use teh wiikey upgrade software, will it mess up my wii in any way if it is a different brand chip?

thanks in advanced

Perplexer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laugh.gif
If he "thinks" it is a Wiikey, that means:

1. He charged you full price for a Wiikey; and
2. It's not a Wiikey.

You can try running the setup disc. It shouldn't harm your chip if it's not a Wiikey, but it won't save/change any settings.

(and if it does break, take the Wii back to your modder and tell him the Wiikey failed and needs to be replaced
tongue.gif
)

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Also test out WarioWare if you have it and see if the intro video stutters. IF so this is a homemade chip unless you had it done yesterday afternoon and he put openWii 1.2 on it. But the fact that he "thinks" it is WiiKey leads me to believe it is not because the installer should know what kind of modchip he is working with.

You on the west coast of Canada? Curious if you went through one of the posters on Craigslist vancouver.

jincrypt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well warioware intro is fine, i also played SSX, tony hawk, and bleach and they were all fine, i had it done on wednesday and i'm in eastern canada

tongue.gif
i'll try perplexer's method,

shinnosuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Can anyone help me,I'm a newbie here..
I'm not sure about the modchip I have for my Wii right now..
Well,Bleach Wii Jap version work on it...

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How'd he manage to solder it in and didnt even know what it was? ... he had to find install diagrams somewhere, am I right?

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This topic is verging on being derailed here.

jincrypt has stated at the top of this thread that he took his Wii to someone else to mod for him. The installer told him that he "thinks" it is a WiiKey, which is rather suspicious, hence jincrypt's concern. I am also going to assume that jincrypt does not have a tri-wing screwdriver to take his case apart to verify what in fact has been installed.

geepee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm also in eastern canada (saint john, nb)...if you're anywhere near me, and want someone to look at it for you, I'd be happy to open it up and find out what chip you REALLY have.

jincrypt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'm gonna test the wiikey setup disk 2mrw,
i read the other thread about the setup disk and some people stated there were problems with warioware intro fmv, however, when i loaded my warioware when i first got it modded, it was running very smoothly, does that fmv issue happen only on the wiikey?
also, i would open the wii up myself but the dealer put on a warranty sticker and if i peel it off, it voids, not about to lose that if it turns out it is a wiikey, so if the answers u guys give me lead me to believe it isnt a wiikey, i'm just going to bring it back to the dealer and ask him to open it up

Perplexer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your "dealer" is a scumbag. If a mod "business" goes to the trouble of using "warranty void" stickers, then they know without a doubt what type of chip they are installing.

plexo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hair dryer and a tiny screwdriver or wot ever will lift that warranty label fo sho...

just wondering can ya take a pic of the warranty sticker? this shall be funny

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So jincrypt did you find out if you have a legit WiiKey?

And yes pictures of said warranty sticker would be great seeing as Nintendo didn't even put a sticker anywhere on/in the case.

jincrypt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well the wiikey setup works fine and all the games work fine =\, not sure what else to do that can prove it's a wiikey without opening the wii up

fyi - the sticker was made by the person who modded it for a 3month warranty if the chip fails, it's just a silver tape with a date written on it, it's just like any warranty sticker on a system where if u remove it, it'll leave behind a few VOID markings from the adhesive, i'll grab a pic today

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: