Wii Modchip help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Tarus, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Tarus
    OP

Tarus Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2007
    United States
    Hi, I'm new to modchip stuff and I don't know which one I should get. I'd really appreciate if any of you could help me decide.

I got my Wii last week and did some research. I found there's a 50% chance the drive chip is a GC2-D2C and 50% chance pins are cut. What is pins cut? What are my choices on modchips? I found that D2Pro 9 and Wasabi 2 are good ones but they are so expensive. Soldering is not a problem for my since my brother can do it. What other choices I have there? Please help.

Thanks,

2. Defiance

Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Terminus
    You should go with the Wasabi, since your pins might be cut.

3. gratefulbuddy

gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    on the wheel
    Pins cut or not has no affect on D2Pro9.

4. Tarus
    OP

Tarus Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2007
    United States
    Could I still play online or go on to Wii Channel after installed modchip?

Thanks,

5. Metalclay

Metalclay Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    yes, you can dl vc games, play your mario karts, and browse your internets.

and...yeah the chips are a bit on the expensive side, but...what do you expect? with ICE and all these other crackdowns going on, retailers are being shut down and as economics tells us: supply goes down, price goes up. plus, these things are (most of the time) maintained by a team that, like most of us, want compensation for their service, or rather...goods.

at least there ain't no opec type organization for modchips, amirite, amirite? *hides in a corner*.

6. Tarus
    OP

Tarus Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2007
    United States
    great, thank you guys [​IMG]