Hacking Wii mod chip, a new buyers questions

Tweaked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey all, sorry to keep newbing up your forum with questions :\

the last post i posted was met great with response, thought id try again.

So i finnally found a place in richmond, BC Canada that will mod my wii, since i have the d2c, installation plus chip is gonna run me 120$. am i getting ripped off? Apparently im getting a wii key, but id like to know...

is it wrong of me to ask if i can watch the installation? if i can inspect the peices going into my wii before he does it? Maybe i want to ask what soldering method, and what type of materials hes working with?.

after 3 years of selling pot every thing turns to an inspect and get :\

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

So i finnally found a place in richmond, BC Canada that will mod my wii, since i have the d2c, installation plus chip is gonna run me 120$. am i getting ripped off? Apparently im getting a wii key, but id like to know...

is it wrong of me to ask if i can watch the installation? if i can inspect the peices going into my wii before he does it? Maybe i want to ask what soldering method, and what type of materials hes working with?.

Your being ripped! on eurasia.nu you can buy a wiikey for 20 dollars!! So don't do it, way to expensive..

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country

Your being ripped! on eurasia.nu you can buy a wiikey for 20 dollars!! So don't do it, way to expensive..
And youre being stupid
tongue.gif

The wiikey only works on D2A D2B and DMS.
D2C is totaly diffrent and requiers 17-30 wires to be soldered directly to the chip.
So no it is not a rip off.
Here in denmark a D2C install will cost about 180-200$

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

And youre being stupid
tongue.gif

The wiikey only works on D2A D2B and DMS.
D2C is totaly diffrent and requiers 17-30 wires to be soldered directly to the chip.
So no it is not a rip off.
Here in denmark a D2C install will cost about 180-200$
okokokokokokok your right but he said it would be a wiikey
frown.gif

Tweaked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doh, hoping i wasnt being retarded :[

Hmm, so not getting a wii key is my destiny eh? where can i read about some usable chips with the type of nintendo wii i have? also i heard that the d2c install is quite a bit more intricate and if that is true, would paying the 120$ be worth it as he insures that my console will function properly or he owes me a new one.

x47x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Apparently im getting a wii key, but id like to know..."

Run from this installer if he told you he was putting in the wiikey because it won't work!

Tweaked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it was simply a languege barrior. The installer is an asian man whos english is very weak (mind you i dont speak a freaking word of any asian lanquege so whos the idiot here :\ ) and it was simply a communcation error.

I phoned him back and asked what mod chip, he said, key for wii with d2c. Too bad we cant communicate with grunting and cave drawings anymore. Anyways talking to him he said he doesnt care if i watch while he does it, so it looks like its a go.

And remember, part of that 120$ is to make sure that if something goes wrong, i get a new wii :]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte