wii mini bricked?

sifrimiento2703

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
mi wii mini se brickeo instalaba los wads y se congelo
lo apague y lo volvi a prender para seguir con la configuracion pero ya no dio imagen
prende pero se congela y ya no quiere apagarse de una, tengo que dejarlo aplanado para hacer un apagado forzado
no reconoce el mando y no puedo entrar a ningun meno ni para restaurarla ni nada
alguien sabe como solucionar esto?
yo verdad ya estoy muy desesperado y he investigado bastante pero nada
es muy poca info lo que hay

*modedit*
Translation:
my wii mini got bricked while installing the wads and it froze.
I turned it off and I turned it back on to continue with the configuration but no longer gave image
it turns on but freezes and no longer wants to turn off at once, I have to leave it flat to make a forced shutdown
it does not recognize the remote control and I can not enter any menu or to restore it or anything else
Does anyone know how to solve this?
I'm really desperate and I have researched a lot but nothing.
is very little info what there is

Last edited by DinohScene,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@sifrimiento2703 Please provide an English translation next time.
Deepl.com does a good job.

Can you access Priiloader by holding (Esc) on a USB keyboard?

deepl.com translation said:
my wii mini got bricked while installing the wads and it froze.
I turned it off and I turned it back on to continue with the configuration but no longer gave image
it turns on but freezes and no longer wants to turn off at once, I have to leave it flat to make a forced shutdown
it does not recognize the remote control and I can not enter any menu or to restore it or anything else
Does anyone know how to solve this?
I'm really desperate and I have researched a lot but nothing.
is very little info what there is

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
That's a good question, if it's a banner brick or theme brick and has nothing to do with the system menu or system menu IOS, this could work. It all comes down to what wads were installed, but without more info, trying to access priiloader is absolutely worth a shot!

Forward

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If u installed a system menu IOS wad intended for the wii on a wii mini, u screwed up buddy... What wads did you install?
I don't speak English I'm using a translator, I did this video on a wii mini and installed those wads can you help me please 😭😭😭

• Sad
Reactions: bonkmaykr

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tu primer error fue seguir tutoriales de Youtube.

El segundo error, es haber utilizado cIOS para Wii y no los de Wii Mini. Si instalaste Priiloader antes de intentar agregar los cIOS es posible que puedas recuperar la consola, si no es así, seguramente ahora tienes un pisapapeles.

Translation:
Your first mistake was following Youtube tutorials.

Second mistake was using Wii cIOS' and not those for Wii Mini. If you installed Priiloader before adding those cIOS you might be able to recover the console, if you didn't, most likely you now have a paperweight.

Edit:

Los archivos incluídos en el video, son para Wii, no para Wii Mini, deben tener APP como extensión de archivo.

Translation:
Those files included on that YT video are for Wii, not Wii Mini, they should have an APP file extension.

Lista de archivos incluídos / Included files list:

!!!IOS60-system-compatability-test.wad
1OS236.wad
cIOS9-v6174-TED.wad
cIOS11-v6174-TED.wad
cIOS16-v257.wad
cIOS20-v6174-TED.wad
cIOS30-v6174-TED.wad
cIOS36-v3094-TEND.wad
cIOS50-v4889-TED.wad
cIOS60-v6174-TED.wad
cIOS70-v6174-TED.wad
cIOS80-v6174-TED.wad
cIOS90-v6174-TED.wad
cIOS202[60]-v5.1R.wad
cIOS222[38]-v4.wad
cIOS223[37-38]-v4.wad
cIOS224[57]-v5.1R.wad
cIOS245[37]-d2x-v8-final.wad
cIOS246[38]-d2x-v8-final.wad
cIOS247[53]-d2x-v8-final.wad
cIOS248[55]-d2x-v8-final.wad
cIOS249[56]-d2x-v8-final.wad
cIOS250[57]-d2x-v8-final.wad
cIOS251[58]-d2x-v8-final.wad
IOS58-64-v6176.wad

Last edited by CMDreamer,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
cIOS80-v6174-TED.wad
That should be the problem. System Menu (c)IOS for the normal Wii will make the Wii Mini go black screen because of the missing WiFi chip.

The only hope (not including hardware flashing) is indeed Priiloader 0.9 or later being installed before the damage.

bonkmaykr

Battle Ready
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
You could try using Bluebomb, but whether it works or not depends on how far in the boot process your Wii gets, since it requires exploiting the controller connection.
https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Bluebomb

You should avoid most softmods on the Wii Mini since there are a lot of internal differences between the Wii Mini and original Wii, and most homebrew was not designed for it. Anything that may brick a regular Wii will almost certainly brick a Wii Mini. A regular Wii is very cheap nowadays if you are looking for a new one, otherwise, check WiiBrew to make sure what you're doing is safe before proceeding.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You should avoid most softmods on the Wii Mini since there are a lot of internal differences between the Wii Mini and original Wii, and most homebrew was not designed for it.
Well it is obviously too late now. I doubt Bluebomb will work (worth a try – can't do further harm).
But what do you mean with "most softmods" and "most homebrew"
  • Homebrew Channel → Working
  • Priiloader → Working
  • cIOS → existing in Wii Mini version (https://wii.guide/cios-mini), working good
  • Homebrew games and applications that don't write to NAND should work equally good on the Mini.
Well… that should cover about anything average users will ever do.

Things like in this thread happen when installing "convenient" ready-to-use and all-in-one packages from random videos. Similar problems when using Wii packages on vWii/Wii U. Sadly people always sign up here AFTER following videos while not doing any research BEFORE.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was probably a bit too broad when I said that, what I mean is some tools that make a lot of low-level changes (IOS58 installer for example). Most of the essentials do work.
Although it goes off-topic here, I have to mention once again: Nintendo – in this case the Wii – does a poor job at fault tolerance. Yes, softmodding was obviously not intended, but the same thing can happen (and has happened) without any softmod: Defective WiFi chip on regular Wii and… black screen for no reason (instead of a message: "There is a problem with the WiFi…")

bonkmaykr

Battle Ready
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Next time @Forward, try to follow the instructions on WiiBrew or wii.guide. Youtube tutorials are often too simplified and don't account for differences between models, and they are also not fully up to date. wii.guide and Wiibrew always have the latest information and precise instructions.

Both the Wii and 3DS have almost no error handling, probably either because Nintendo didn't expect anything to go wrong or because they don't want hackers to easily debug the system. The Wii Mini has to have a special version of the firmware in order to prevent it from breaking because it does not have wireless communications or SD card support.
unknown.png

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded