Wii Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 Echoes English patches

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by panmusic, Dec 30, 2009.

1. panmusic
    OP

Member panmusic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    I searched the internet and I can't find nowhere the patches.Every torrent I downloaded is dead and I am really desperate.Can anybody help me,please?

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Why do you want them?!?!?!?!!?!?
    Get Metroid Prime Trilogy. The reason you can't find them is because nobody bothers to seed them with MPT out.

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well, I'm guessing he just doesn't want to go through the process of using Alt.dols. Not to mention that when you use Alt.dol methods with a USB loader it directs straight to the game, no menus (which means you can't adjust it and stuff).

Still, it doesn't really matter in the end. There's no point making a translation patch of a game that's already in English, as was said before. Play Metroid Prime Trilogy and use the Alt.dol methods. You can play at least 1 and 2. Then download the MP3 iso if you want to play that too.

4. rAiN mAn 2o0o

Member rAiN mAn 2o0o GBAtemp Regular

United States
    just acquire the fixed DVD5 release that only has prime 1 and 2....

5. panmusic
    OP

Greece
    Thanks for your replies!
    The reason I search them is that Metroid Prime TRilogy is currently unplayable on USB Loaders with the alt.dol method.And as I already own the original MPT disc I hesitate to play it via Disc Channel as any DL disc damages Wii's lens.
    If I find the DVD5 version,how is it runs with Wiiflow?Does it run properly or it needs again the alt.dols and uses one save slot on Veteran only?

6. rolandpibb

Member rolandpibb GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Um, no it's not.

7. panmusic
    OP

Greece
    This method forces you to play the game on Veteran using only one save file.Yes,it is.

8. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    What the fuck are you talking about? I'm playing it with alt.dol and it's definitely not on veteran. And boo-hoo if you only have one save file, big deal.

Translating Wii games on your own is practically non-existent, with only Monster Hunter Tri coming to mind (even then, that's pretty much a menu translation). You really expect someone to translate a game that's already been professionally translated?

If you're going to complain so much about how it's playable on USB Loader then go buy the fucking game. $50 for 3 full-fledged and excellent games is hardly a harsh price to pay.

9. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    You sure? Load the main dol instead of MP3's and check the save file as it shows up in the frontend. If it doesn't say Veteran, I'd like to know how you managed that, because the alt.dol method seems to default to veteran for me as well.

10. KDH

Member KDH GBAtemp Regular

United States
    panmusic, if you have the original game disc already then your best option really is to suck it up and play it as intended. It's not like it's going to instantly render the Wii's laser useless. This is ultimately what I ended up doing.

11. diazao

Newcomer diazao Advanced Member

Spain
    http://zero4.higashinoeden.com/ [​IMG]

12. rAiN mAn 2o0o

Member rAiN mAn 2o0o GBAtemp Regular

United States
    no alt dols.. no special config... i repeat my previous answer; just get the dvd5 release