Hacking Wii Message Board play times.

rpgguy_1o1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, did a search, but didn't find anything on this topic...
Got my games backed up to harddrive, and i use a variety of loaders.
My question is, is there a way so that in the wii message board it actually shows the play times of the games, rather than "Home Brew Channel"?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rpgguy_1o1 said:
install the loader as a channel you mean?
Does it work for any loader?
no, i think what the guy means is for you to make a channel for the wii game itself, not the channel for the loader. if you run the channel for the loader, the loader use time will be registered on the wii message board and not the game you played using the loader.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
rpgguy_1o1 said:
install the loader as a channel you mean?
Does it work for any loader?
no, i think what the guy means is for you to make a channel for the wii game itself, not the channel for the loader. if you run the channel for the loader, the loader use time will be registered on the wii message board and not the game you played using the loader.
+1

Use loadstructor

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, using crap/loadstructor will make the name of the game show up in the message board. But you should make note that in the message board data, it is still counted differently than if you played the game from a DVD. Games on DVD are of the 00010000 type. But in order for the channel to show up on the system menu, crap/loadstructor makes a new ID that is the 00010001 type. It is the 00010001 ID that is added to the message board data when you use loadstructor/crap. So if you uninstall the channel, it removes that data. Also, if you use the homebrew app to show playstats, it will NOT add the times for 00010000 and 00010001 even though both would end in the same ID4.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
giantpune said:
Yes, using crap/loadstructor will make the name of the game show up in the message board. But you should make note that in the message board data, it is still counted differently than if you played the game from a DVD. Games on DVD are of the 00010000 type. But in order for the channel to show up on the system menu, crap/loadstructor makes a new ID that is the 00010001 type. It is the 00010001 ID that is added to the message board data when you use loadstructor/crap. So if you uninstall the channel, it removes that data. Also, if you use the homebrew app to show playstats, it will NOT add the times for 00010000 and 00010001 even though both would end in the same ID4.
thanks for this info. that's why i still suggested to him to burn backups and use disc channel if he is really concerned about playstats (my post is the 3rd one i think). personally not really bothered about this wii message board play times so never bothered with this loadstructor thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1