Hacking Wii Menu, Can you edit the background song?

Izure

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
In the wii menu, Is it possible that I replace it with a cool song or something with a homebrew app?
happy.gif

Izure

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
tails100 said:
What song would you replace it with?
Song
A Zelda Remix

QUOTE(Ethanx94 @ Jun 12 2010, 07:28 PM) That would be awesome if you could. I would replace mine with the Altimit Mine OS music from .hack//G.U.
I know, right?
I hope someone will make it or tell me how
smile.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Izure said:
tails100 said:
What song would you replace it with?
Song
A Zelda Remix

QUOTE(Ethanx94 @ Jun 12 2010, 07:28 PM) That would be awesome if you could. I would replace mine with the Altimit Mine OS music from .hack//G.U.
I know, right?
smile.gif
Should be possible. Somewhere in an unpacked Menu you can find for shure the File, and replace it. I think I even can remember that it has been done before...but don't ask me where the loaction of the music is, and what tools you need...

Izure

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Blue-K said:
smile.gif

QUOTEShould be possible. Somewhere in an unpacked Menu you can find for shure the File, and replace it. I think I even can remember that it has been done before...but don't ask me where the loaction of the music is, and what tools you need...

Okay, Was gonna ask how to decrypt the NAND... But since you don't want me to ask...
Anyone else who knows?
smile.gif

Izure

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
HaniKazmi said:
No one figured it out during the menu modding craze a while ago. If someone has cracked it since, I havent heard of it.
Tell me if you know more
smile.gif

tj_cool said:
QUOTE(Marc1994 @ Jun 12 2010, 09:07 PM) Maybe Crazy Intro: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Crazy_Intro
That's health screen only
I was gonna say that :3

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a look at the System Menu, unpacking some files and the like, and could only find the sound of the moving between pages so far...but I didn't extract any arc files I saw, may try that see if they have anything interesting in them.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
The music in the menu is not a single file... it's in a brsar archive.. guess it's a compressed collection of brstm files...
It seems music hacking in SSBB is possible... one might get clues from there.. though I don't know if there is any good brsar tool out there...

ps1: If you want to do it just for the sake of it... Wii fit contains a bunch of brstm files and there are tools to convert wav/mp3s to brstm files...
ps2: brsar possibly an audio resource archive like bmg files are language resource files... meaning possible ability of storing sounds with metadata (language, other information)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
The music in the menu is not a single file... it's in a brsar archive.. guess it's a compressed collection of brstm files...
It seems music hacking in SSBB is possible... one might get clues from there.. though I don't know if there is any good brsar tool out there...

ps1: If you want to do it just for the sake of it... Wii fit contains a bunch of brstm files and there are tools to convert wav/mp3s to brstm files...
ps2: brsar possibly an audio resource archive like bmg files are language resource files... meaning possible ability of storing sounds with metadata (language, other information)

where is this brsar located?

EDIT: BTW, unpacking the ARC files gave me ZND files, which I have no idea what they are. I tried to use znd.py from wii.py to convert them to HOG files (which I still have no idea what they are either, but as it converted them to it, I figured they must be easier to work with), but it gave errors.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Huh, I unpacked that earlier and all I got was the page-changing sound, not the background sound...
Perhaps I should try a different unpacker. Anyway, is there a packer for BRSAR?

EDIT: OK, I see now, its because current BRSAR unpackers suck (no offence meant to the coders of them
tongue.gif
)

Eridion kiorai

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The wii system menu music is on iplsound.brsar wipl_bgm_menu use vgm trans to rip it now we nead to reverse engenering to replace a file

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool