Hacking wii menu 3.0 HBC still works

Linkinwormm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just tried out the 3.0 update and wii menu and everything seems to work fine still, so i dont think they blocked any homebrew for wii it seems :D

FearItSelf23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah seems unlikely that they would with an update like this anyway. Wii mode doesn't get touched even the new hold b to enter vWii at bootup feature is all done through the Wii U OS.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if u read the other thread, you would know that its all good.. we dont need confirmation anymore... everything on the vwii works as it did before...

Christiano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yup I just smashstacked a virgin 3.0.0 vWii, works fine, and homebrew all still works if you had homebrew and updated to 3.0.0.
So, i have one 3.0 in here and wants to put hbc on him with smash bros, can i do this?? I've seeying a lot of people saying: The sd card dont work on smash anymore.. So this is fake right? Tks

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, i have one 3.0 in here and wants to put hbc on him with smash bros, can i do this?? I've seeying a lot of people saying: The sd card dont work on smash anymore.. So this is fake right? Tks

Who ever said SD card doesn't work on smash is chatting rubbish.

Smashstack works on vWii on WiiU update 3.0.0 without issue.

Took me <2 mins to boot it up and install HBC.

Reactions: Christiano

n1ckn4m3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smash Stack exploit requires a non-SDHC card. These are usually lower end, lower size, older cards. The only one I have that is non SDHC is a 2GB one from a bunch of years ago. Most new ones are SDHC and will not work for the exploit. My guess is that whoever said that meant to actually say that SDHC didn't work, not that SD itself didn't work. I can confirm the Smash Stack exploit still works 100% on the latest system update with a supported SD card.

rickf1018

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did notice after the update I had to unplug my Wii HD with my backups before I could delete anything from my Wii U console....I don't remember doing that before the update....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome