Hardware Wii may get Voice Chat but no VC online capability

TGBoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
While the Wii isn't known for its particularly awesome online scene (*cough* friend codes *cough*), Nintendo is interested in improving the product. NOA President Reggie Fils-Aime said this morning during a conference call that while they have no interest in adding online multiplayer to Virtual Console titles, voice chat could be coming to the Wii all the same.

"We do not anticipate making online gameplay for Virtual Console games. In terms of voice chat... certainly our system has the capability for online voice chat, what it comes down to is finalizing the peripheral... I would not be surprised to see that capability come to this system. "

And finalizing a peripheral shouldn't be much of a problem, because Nintendo could easily add a Bluetooth headset...since the Wiimote already utilizes the wireless standard.

SOURCE: Kotaku

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
They could just add bluetooth handsfree support in time for SSMB, at the expense of losing out on sales of their own (possible) product. What are the chances of that happening?

h350bluetooth.jpg

Borg.

LordWill072284

Trophies
Website
www.bakerenterprises.ca
XP
Country
Canada
but then adding support for brawl = longer wait for product as they have to re-rip the game and stuff, unless they can do it instantly, what would be sweet would be if they had an update that allows ANY bluetooth headset to work, i.e your own if you have one for your cell phone. pretty much what veho was saying
smile.gif

pimpyT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Truthfully, I'd prefer the VC online capability. The thought of being able to play some old school games with friends while each in the comfort of our own homes would be awesome. And it would increase Nintendo revenue as well because people would be buying the games even more so. Currently, VC games have little benefit, if any, over easily available ROMS and emulators. With emulators, you can use cheats, you can have use save states, and you can do lots more. Nintendo should give its customers something extra to entice them into buying the game, especially since many people are buying the game for the second time.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so...do you think voice chat will work for games already out like Medal of honor heroes if nintendo does a firmware update? It won't right? I wish it would..

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
voice chat would be awesome !

but yeah I would prefer VC online play !

Voice chat is a nice beginning to all of the improvements to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Network that are sorely needed. FC's need to be given the boot next. I hadn't even thought about VC online play...but it would be an excellent idea. That would be the next feature I would like to see come to fruition.

- Fitzy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2