Wii-manual reveals Animal Crossing feature?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by ConraDargo, Aug 31, 2007.

?

New stuff or old news to you?

1. New! :D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Teh old...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Aug 31, 2007
  1. ConraDargo
    OP

Member ConraDargo Flashback Fanatic

Sweden
    During last weekend, I was helping my stepmother understand her newly purchased Wii and as I, for the first time, browsed the Wii manual my eyebrows suddenly raised as I spotted this image:

[​IMG]

Surely I can't be the first one to notice the message which rests in the upper right corner, and yet I have failed to find any information on the subject using Google (or here at GBAtemp) [​IMG] Sure, we all know that Animal Crossing Wii is in development so maybe that's why no one has bothered to comment on this picture. But to see a message like this with it's own look gets me pretty excited! Because this could very well mean that one of the game's new features is that letters sent in-game to the ppl you know not only shows up in your in-game mailbox like it always has, but also on the console when you're not playing the game!

Let the speculations begin.

2. GexX2

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    Your post count is 1337 o.o

And no, I have never seen this.. Then again like all console manuals since the SNES, I just toss them back into the box after I see what they are.

3. ConraDargo
    OP

Sweden
    Sweet, perfect timing IMO [​IMG]

Yeah that's what I was thinking too - most ppl don't even bother reading the manual. I myself only read a little on how to set it up. I thank my stepmother for making me read it more throughly [​IMG]

4. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    nintendo should just add instant messaging thing. i don't really like to send wiimail things. :a
    but never seen this before.

5. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    You know, I've seen it before, but I didn't pay it any attention and completely forgot about it. Probably because that was before I got into Animal Crossing.

I think it's probably the same bulletin board feature thats in Wild World. Probably with extra things, like pictures and such.

6. GexX2

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    Ugh. DS online games leave a bad taste in my mouth. I HATE searching for other players blindly when they could EASILY implement a server based system =.=
    --------END OF OT RANT---------
    Yes, that was the fault of a combination of the above post and my immense frustration at W:OW2.

7. BlazerRazor

Member BlazerRazor GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
    Its old news... but I had forgot about it, so thanks for bringing it up again [​IMG]
    It was shown at E3 that you could/would recieve messages as wiimail, with information and bonus stuff from Animal Crossing. It was also stated that your figures in your town were able to "walk" and visit your friends town - using the Connect24 feature.

8. ConraDargo
    OP

Sweden
    Aah thanks for clearing that up! [​IMG]