Hacking Wii LU65- (install IOS?)

thunderspider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, good morning, well, i have a problem with the endless ocean 2, that needs the IOS 56, and i dont have it. But, i've heard that if i install CIOS on a wii with serial number above LU64, it can brick. So, this is just for CIOS, or IOS too?What about the wiiware games? my wii is 3.4, with serial LU65

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Its safe to update your IOS files, but its not safe to downgrade all of them.
I recommend you update to 4.2.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
some new wii's can't downgrade their IOSs, but all wii's can install the most recent version of IOSs, so install the most up to date version of IOS56, it wont brick your wii

check out nus auto downloader to help u update IOSs, system menus, channels, etc. (all offline)

btw, no cios can brick ur wii, cios's are installed to slots that aren't used in normal wii operations, so even if u install a somehow corrupt cios, it can't brick u

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
XFlak said:
some new wii's can't downgrade their IOSs, but all wii's can install the most recent version of IOSs, so install the most up to date version of IOS56, it wont brick your wii

check out nus auto downloader to help u update IOSs, system menus, channels, etc. (all offline)

btw, no cios can brick ur wii, cios's are installed to slots that aren't used in normal wii operations, so even if u install a somehow corrupt cios, it can't brick u
You give the average user too much credit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr