Gaming Wii looks rubbish through component!

borley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am dissapointed at the picture quality of the wii, maybe my tv as well not sure. But i bough the component lead and it doesn`t look much better than scart even changing to 480p in settings.
So i bought a component to vga box as i had my 360 through vga and it looked a lot better than component. I have an LG 37" HDTV and the component deff doesn`t look high def anyone else had this experiance.
Also when i play Res4 through the component to vga it seems to be the only game that has a border round the whole of the picture!
Anyway hope they bring out a proper VGA lead.
Thanks
Borley

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a cheap set of component cables bought from play-asia hooked up to my parents 42" Panasonic Plasma, and there's a world of difference over the standard composite cables. Can't compare the component signal to an RGB Scart or VGA signal but I don't see how the VGA could be any better since it's coming from the same source; unless your TV just doesn't handle/process a component signal all that well?

What VGA box did you use btw?

smile.gif

borley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi yeah it`s an xcm Box, and vga does look better even from same source anyone that has tried component then VGA on a 360 will tell you the difference VGA is a lot sharper and colours are brighter.
But even my 360 didnt look that good through component on my LG hi-def strange.
Thanks
Borley

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well of course vga will look better than component on the 360 because the xbox has native support for it! When I said 'I don't see how the VGA could be any better since it's coming from the same source' I was refering to the Wii!

>_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.