Hacking Wii laser should be fine when constantly working?

Stephanie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Throughout the game my Wii laser seems to keep going back & forth. I mean, the noise is annoying but I can live with it as long as it doesn't wear it out way sooner than it should if there were no modifications to the console. The game is burned onto a +RW but it works great. Should I worry? Thanks.

{edit} spelling

~Steph

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Stephanie said:
Throughout the game my Wii laser seems to keep going back & forth. I mean, the noise is annoying but I can live with it as long as it doesn't wear it out way sooner than it should if there were no modifications to the console. The game is burned onto a +RW but it works great. Should I worry? Thanks.

{edit} spelling

~Steph
well your wii motor may die quicker than normal use but it will still have years of play, just dont play for super hard sessions lol, and how did you get +RW to work? as far as i know they dont work only - and + R work in wii

Stephanie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
Stephanie said:

{edit} spelling

~Steph
well your wii motor may die quicker than normal use but it will still have years of play, just dont play for super hard sessions lol, and how did you get +RW to work? as far as i know they dont work only - and + R work in wii
+RW works, but IDK
moogle.gif

I've tried just about every burning program available to get the job done and nothing worked out. Somehow I used a different feature on Nero than I have before and it burned! It says 0 bytes on the disc
sleep.gif
but apparently it's full of data!

~Steph

RT-9

Trophies
Website
www.trancecast.tk
XP
Country
Canada
i have that too, i think its because windows can't read the iso or something:S...
i can't explore my wii backup on my pc either!

so dont worry about that
wink.gif

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I burned Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart Wii to DVD +RW and they both work fine. I guess Mario Kart doesn't have too much loading going on during play, so I wouldn't expect to hear the laser going crazy, but with Super Mario Galaxy I hear it from time to time when it loads a new scene or something.

I'm not going to worry about it too much. If the DVD drive fails over time, I'll chalk it up to normal wear and tear.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering that backups run at 3x instead of 6x then the Wii DVD drive is actually running slower and much safer. If anything it'll prolong its life.
However RW discs may be harder to read for the machine.
While they may be good for testing, I'd suggest using a good ol DVD-R.
I never use +Rs myself but aparently they work fine to if you set them up as -Rs in the burner app.

If the drive is making noise on that RW disc and only that disc then it must be working hard to read the data.
Try to use a backup on a dvd-r and re check commercial discs to make sure the drive isn't having problems on its own.

My wii, long before the softmods hit, had a drive problem and made loud noises when it spun the disc.
I eventually sent it in as it stopped playing some games and all GCN games.I got it back with a whole new drive (D2C chip one too
mellow.gif
). So be sure to check the drive for normal problems.

Stephanie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadow1w2 said:
Considering that backups run at 3x instead of 6x then the Wii DVD drive is actually running slower and much safer. If anything it'll prolong its life.
However RW discs may be harder to read for the machine.
While they may be good for testing, I'd suggest using a good ol DVD-R.
I never use +Rs myself but aparently they work fine to if you set them up as -Rs in the burner app.

If the drive is making noise on that RW disc and only that disc then it must be working hard to read the data.
Try to use a backup on a dvd-r and re check commercial discs to make sure the drive isn't having problems on its own.

My wii, long before the softmods hit, had a drive problem and made loud noises when it spun the disc.
I eventually sent it in as it stopped playing some games and all GCN games.I got it back with a whole new drive (D2C chip one too
mellow.gif
). So be sure to check the drive for normal problems.
grog.gif

~Steph

Stephanie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*update*

Apparently Call of Duty: World at War runs fine on a +RW, but a small game like Animal Crossing: City Folk doesn't? I've burned to two different discs and both give me the same results: a black screen followed by an Animal Crossing screen with the Mole guy saying it can't read the disc. I also have IOS38 so I'm not sure what the problem is. So I've came up with that it does read the disc, but maybe not fast enough? I downloaded a scrubbed version of the game so I'm assuming it has any necessary updates installed within the ISO. I've searched and all I know is IOS38 is needed which I have; though all of the posters only mentioned the black screen and not the Animal Crossing error screen. Tips? Thanks.

{edit}extra words removed

~Steph

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended