Hardware wii laser fix

Lanlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought metroid other m and my wii isn't reading it. I've sent my wii in to nintendo twice because it wouldn't read ssbb. I don't wanna unhack my wii or pay to have them fix it. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Or find somebody who wants a drive that reads DVD-Rs, and let him pay you for switching the drives.
He has already sent his Wii to Nintendo twice, I seriously doubt that they haven't swapped the drive. They have a nasty habit of doing that even if the drive isn't related to the problem.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
DVDs are so last century. USB loaders ftw!

But what you can do is cleaning it like Joostin said, or replace it. Or be a smart man and switch to usb loading.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok lets get popsicles!
lol
On topic: i serously reccomend that you use usb loaders they load faster and have a pretty gui. use modmii to help you set up usbloaders for the frist time

Lanlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use usb loaders all the time. But I don't have a way to put other m on one of my flash drives. I want to fix my laser regardless

Cilph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I use usb loaders all the time. But I don't have a way to put other m on one of my flash drives. I want to fix my laser regardless

Replace the drive yourself, or buy an external harddrive for cheaps, easy to find some 250GB ones under 50 dollars.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can do it yourself if you have the required devices:

POT fix guide, Copyright 2008 Gareth Pereira (he said we can redistribute as long as we give credits)
http://mediafire.com/?rykaq8kgtrxnvx8

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Just an additional warning regarding POT adjustment (it cant be stressed enough). Be VERY careful with it, not only can you instantly kill the DVD for good, but also damage the disc.
The trick is to measure, measure, measure and measure again, then barely move the pot, and measure a million times more.

Reactions: 1 person

Lanlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit! I fixed it! I turned my wii upside down (I normally have it horizontal) and just tapped on it fairly hard then plugged it up, put in mom, and it read! Now, does mom require any special ios's? It asked me to update but i'll just try it through gecko or whatever. I'm on 4.2 u btw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.