Hacking Wii key+wii Clip problem

phoisgood495

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just purchased a wiikey presoldered onto a Wii clip from Modchipcentral.com, so I after installing it I started up the wii, and put in the 1.3 config disc (The GCOS iso), and... nothing. The wii doesn't recognize it as a gamecube game it just brings up the Disc could not be read error. Real games work fine, but backups and the config disc both do not work.
I am nearly a hundred percent sure the chip is installed correctly, because I helped my friend mod his wii as well, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

ole jason

Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need the update disc. modchipcentral chips come with 1.9b. It should be good to go.

Are you using verbatim -R media?

The exact same thing happened to me last week. They eventually gave me an RMA number to send it back. Make sure you try everything before asking for a return and take some up close pictures of your install to send. They were cool about it once I had tried all of their suggestions.

phoisgood495

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Sony Dvd-r 1-16x discs, but I also tried some games I know were working in my friends wii, and same thing happened nada. I'll take some pics of the install, but I also want to know the chances that this is my fault, because shipping to and from canada takes forever!

Edit: My friends discs include verbatims, memorex, and playo dvds.

ole jason

Trophies
XP
Country
Assuming your install looks good and you're using games that have been verified to work on another wii I'm not sure what else it could be other than an issue with the wiikey or clip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs