Hacking Wii key 2 or a softmod

Chemowski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So. To make a long story slightly shorter, I got a snes used on a swedish site, but I ended up never using it. One day I went on a swedish site where people can put up their stuff for sale, and I found a guy who wanted to sell his Wii, 2 controllers, 1 classic controllor, twilight princess and metroid prime 3. i casually asked him if he for some reason wanted to trade, and behold, he did, so I am now a owner of a wii.

I decided that I wanted to chip or flash it because I like emulators and backups. I found this guy in my town who for 500:- swedish kronors(about 70 usd) either

1. Installs a wii key 2 chip

or

2. Softmods it and I quote

"Softmod 4.1e 4.2e 4.3e
softmod + 2gb minneskort (homebrew channel + usb loader gx)"

Which should I choose? I want to play online, use emulators and backups. Ideas?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, I am basically done now, just moving files with WBFS.
I dont understand what exactly you mean.

But consider that partitions formated with WBFS are deprecated.
Recomended is a partition formated to FAT32(better) or NTFS that contains the games as .wbfs files.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by the way, unless your Wii is a pretty old model, a WiiKey2 wouldn't do you any good anyway because the newer drives physically can't read burned discs.

Even then, the only advantage is being able to play burned games at full speed. ? I have both myself, and prefer using discs instead of an HDD, but then again, I got my WiiKey2 before letterbomb and probably before bannerbomb.

EDIT: I haven't even posted here in quite a while... what the heck did I do to get a 10% warning status? Talking about burned discs? Not everyone is a pirate. I hate that it takes so long to rip a disc, but it's worth the $50 I save from not scratching up my originals!

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Although the OP has already softmodded, IMO, even with a compatible drive, the Wiikey 2 would not be a good choice at this point in time. The only realistic advantage it offers is 6x read speed on backup discs. Wiikey 2's audio streaming is broken for GC games, so it is no better than a softmod for that purpose. Still have one sitting around.... :ha:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1