Wii keeps locking up

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by fire=hot, Sep 18, 2010.

Sep 18, 2010

Wii keeps locking up by fire=hot at 6:14 PM (1,273 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. fire=hot

Newcomer fire=hot Newbie

Sep 13, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Right hope you guys can help, basically I've got a white wii that keeps locking up.

It can be on all evening some days and will be fine, other days will be fine for a few hours and then lock up generally with a constant tone through the speakers and a frozen picture and you have to hold power button to power off.
    The thing is that once it has crashed it will remain really crashy for a while (and by while i mean hours so I don't think it is overheating) ie lockup on the wii menu or even before it gets that far, it even the other day refused to turn on and just flashed the blue dvd light? although it did come on when powered with the reset button held in.

could it be a dodgy bluetooth module or is this something else?

I will add that it is currently soft modded but was clean when the problems started
  2. synce

Member synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

Nov 5, 2009
    United States
    Sounds like what I recently went through with the PS3. Years of regular use, no signs of overheating, then bam. Mobo goes to shit, can't play for more than 5 minutes, then won't start up at all. So if that's the case you're SOL. Did you recently do any tinkering?