wii keeps freezing on new install of channel?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cv65user, Jul 6, 2009.

Jul 6, 2009
  1. cv65user
    OP

Newcomer cv65user Member

United States
    wii keeps freezing on new install of channel?

i have noticed when ever i install a new wad that gets carried over to the next page of channels . upon first restart of wii it will always freeze on the main channels page upon reboot . but after holding down off/on . the wii is perfect after and i dont get this problem ever again ??????

i remeber this happened with the mplayer fwdr wad and yesterday with the neogama rc6 autoboot channel . and then it clicked in my head it happened before that . but it never did when i installed tictactoe , wiiearth , usbloadergx all in one go.

as a test i try to replicate the fault so i drag and drop a random channel ie weather channel to next page and put new mplayer forwarder into its place and its perfectly fine .

2. wiiNinja

Member wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't have an answer for you, but just curious:

* Which wad manager version did you use?
    * How many blocks of memory do you have remaining in your Wii?
    * Which version of cIOS are you using?

Since there is a workaround (just reset the Wii and things go back to normal), most people will probably just brush it off as a chanced anomaly.

3. cv65user
    OP

Newcomer cv65user Member

United States
    yeah wad mngr 1.4 .
    dont know precise but alot free blocks
    cios r 10

no its not bad . i thought i have spare time just to give it a quick punt . its only one off so i am not that bothered so willl probably just brush it off as a chanced anomaly. thx