Hacking Wii Karaoke U by JOYSOUND

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to cache/save all (or at least a few) songs offline (Wii U internal memory, SD, USB) and avoid the time limit to have "infinite success" to the game?
The reason I'm asking is rather that I'm afraid of Nintendo turning off the servers one day than piracy intents. This is a game I'd like to have "forever". Even in 10 or 20 years. I don't expect the servers to be online that long after NX release.

Reactions: ishida and peteruk

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No the time has come. Nintendo is going to close the servers for this in march 2017.
Unfortunately there's only the main game on that key site.
I wonder if some one would only need a licence to a song to dump a DLC key or how it's working.

Reactions: TonyNESgri

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Downloading it right now to check... but apparently it uses the "service purchase" system, which is different than DLC (like on 3ds there's no badge arcade dlc to install to get allegedly paid plays for free)

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it like wii sports club. It uses dlc. But also has pass purchase
You mean a song (or amount of time) can be purchased as DLC but as a time pass as well?
For Wii Sports Club I only had to buy one of the sports to get a ticket that unlocked all sports for everyone.
Would it be the same for this? A small purchase for everything? Then I'd might do it.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Would it be the same for this? A small purchase for everything? Then I'd might do it.
If they are indeed DLC, yes, it works that way: one or more titles worth of dlc (each with its own titleid), each title has an index-content plus one content for each piece of dlc; and as long as own any, you can decrypt (and install) every other dlc in the same dlc-title because they obviously share a titlekey

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This titleID (0005000010149600) does not have a matching DLC titleID (0005000C10149600) on NUS. If the content is streamed, as the title description says it is, there isn't any DLC to unlock. Your subscription would allow you to play a song from the server. The song may be copied to your WiiU, (maybe under (/usr/tmp) but capturing that data won't make the game able to play it offline if the game doesn't already have that feature.

Is it like wii sports club. It uses dlc. But also has pass purchase
I downloaded the dlc and it unlocked all sports games
If you're just guessing how this works based on the way that Wii Sports Club works, please at least let people know that you're guessing, or have you actually played this title and captured the network traffic and examined the file system while it's running?

Reactions: pelago
D

Deleted User

Or host private server for it with your own custom files.
[A random workaround passing by]

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Or host private server for it with your own custom files.
[A random workaround passing by]
That would include that someone could write the code for such a server after some reverse engineering and as the interest in this forum is close to 0 % that won't happen in time so we should give up about this piece of software.

Reactions: Deleted User

sfs76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know this thread is a bit old, but I have a question that might be linked.
There is a japanese WUP floating out there ("Wii Karaoke U Trial Disc") that seems to come from a commercial offer grouping a microphone and the Joysound game evoked in this thread (see here). The file seems huge compared to the eshop version of the Joysound game (>30 times bigger), so it contains probably songs in addition to the base game found in the shop. Has someone tried this one? I'm aware that the 'Trial' word probably implies that the access is somehow limited, but it looks like more a classical game unlocked by DLC (like Project Zero) than a pure online thing requiring to download the songs each time you buy a "ticket"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning