7llusion

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
If I try to write Wii iso's with Linux it tell me that the image is not valid, but gc roms(homebrew : wiikey update) are correct images, what do I do to write them?
Illusion

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how are you writing the images? i use growisofs with no problems. it could be that the images you have are scrambled. you'll need to use rawdump for windows (or wine, i think works) to unscramble them.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
...Or the linux version of unscrambler
wink.gif
Why overcomplicate things?

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i can confirm the unscrambler works via wine, so does GCOS self boot
as for the images, brasero, k3b, gnome baker will all handle them easily

7llusion

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I have the iso's in .iso form and burn them just by right clicking the file and selecting burn...
Also I haven't been able to install 1 program or driver(except the ati drivers but nothing changed...) with linux anyway, so I found a solution:
Install XP and it worked, I won't try Linux again, unless if it becomes user-friendly.
Illusion

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ubuntu is more user friendly than when I used Mandrake and Red Hat (when they still had those names).

I can't see a reason to go back to windows full-time. If I need an app, there's wine... if that doesn't work, there's VMWare. If that doesn't work, I'm sure I can find at least 1 windows-based computer. If not, am I in the middle of the ocean?

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@7llusion, it seems like your using gnome, the default disk burning utility sucks. Grab brasero or k3b they will easily do the job.As for installing programs, what distro are you using, they all have a package manager. If you tell me which one i can help you.

And yes you do need to learn a little to use linux as a power user, but the amount of control you get is incredible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: